Re: [BPQ32] AXIP

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
      The node at the other end will also need an entry like:
      MAP N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093, in other words, each of the 'other'
      nodes will have to have two entries for You in their AXIP setup.
      Other than a clear path through the internet between each other, that
      should do it as far as I can see.
      - Mark K2CAN

      abertheaume wrote:
      > Greetings Group members,
      >
      > We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations. Our nodes
      > broadcast are going out over each others RF ports. Checking local
      > nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables. However, we can
      > not connect INTO these stations.
      >
      > Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093 ;Listens for UDP
      > packets on this port number" included.
      >
      > The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
      > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
      > MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
      >
      > Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
      > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
      >
      > Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a different
      > SSID so that two way comms can take place?
      >
      > Art, N9ZZK

      > Ham radio
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
      > John wiseman
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
      > Craft hobby
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>
      >
      > Hobby and craft supply
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

    • Art Bertheaume
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
        Thx for the fast reply Mark,
          Maybe I am not clear enough on my post or maybe I might be a bit confused.  so to clarify we'll just use two stations and how the AXIP is configured.

        For KB8OAK,  he has:
        MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093

        For N9ZZK:
        MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093

        So in this example, two way comms are possible?  Or do I need to make an entry in my own AXIPcfg on myself?

        Art

        abertheaume wrote:
        > Greetings Group members,
        >
        > We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations.  Our nodes
        > broadcast are going out over each others RF ports.  Checking local
        > nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables.  However, we can
        > not connect INTO these stations.
        >
        > Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093      ;Listens for UDP
        > packets on this port number" included.
        >
        > The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
        > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
        > MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
        >
        > Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
        > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
        >
        > Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a different
        > SSID so that two way comms can take place?
        >
        > Art,  N9ZZK

        > Ham radio
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
        >       John wiseman
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
        >       Craft hobby
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>
        >
        > Hobby and craft supply
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

        >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

      • abertheaume
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
          These are the exact entries I have in AXIPcfg now mark with still the
          same result. Likewise, the other stations have corresponding entries
          in thier AXIPcfg as well, verified via VNC..

          MAP KB8OAK KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          MAP N9PMO N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Art Bertheaume <abertheaume@...> wrote:

          > Thx for the fast reply Mark,
          > Maybe I am not clear enough on my post or maybe I might be a
          bit confused. so to clarify we'll just use two stations and how the
          AXIP is configured.

          > For KB8OAK, he has:
          > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
          >
          > For N9ZZK:
          > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          >
          > So in this example, two way comms are possible? Or do I need to
          make an entry in my own AXIPcfg on myself?

          > Art
          >

          > Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:
          > The node at the other end will also need an entry like:
          > MAP N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093, in other words, each of the 'other'
          > nodes will have to have two entries for You in their AXIP setup.
          > Other than a clear path through the internet between each other,
          that
          > should do it as far as I can see.
          > - Mark K2CAN
          >
          > abertheaume wrote:
          > > Greetings Group members,
          > >
          > > We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations. Our nodes
          > > broadcast are going out over each others RF ports. Checking local
          > > nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables. However, we can
          > > not connect INTO these stations.
          > >
          > > Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093 ;Listens for UDP
          > > packets on this port number" included.
          > >
          > > The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
          > > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          > > MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          > >
          > > Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
          > > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
          > >
          > > Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a
          different
          > > SSID so that two way comms can take place?
          > >
          > > Art, N9ZZK

          > > Ham radio
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+
          and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
          > > John wiseman
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
          by+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
          > > Craft hobby
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobb
          y+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>

          > > Hobby and craft supply
          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+ho
          bby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          ------

          > Ham radio John wiseman Craft hobby Hobby and craft
          supply

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------

        • Dave Zeph
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006

            The first callsign should be whatever the other station has used for a NODECALL.

            The BPQ Parameters have to be setup so that the station to which you want to connect is in your NODE TABLE.  QUALITY and MINQUAL will affect this.

            The other possibility is that if you are behind a typical Home Router (Linksys, Dl-Link, Netgear, etc) you have to set up PORT FORWARDING to forward Port 10093 to the IP Address assigned to the PC running BPQ.  For all practical purposes, this requires that you assign a Private Static IP Address, compatible with your Router’s DHCP Server, to the PC running BPQ.

            Otherwise the Node Broadcasts will never reach the PC.

            73 -à Dave, W9ZRX

> [...]

            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+
            and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
            > >       John wiseman
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
            by+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
            > >       Craft hobby
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobb
            y+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>

            > > Hobby and craft supply
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+ho
            bby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

            > >       the web.
            >

            > >     *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            > >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            > >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

            ------

            >         Ham radio   John wiseman   Craft hobby     Hobby and craft
            supply

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------

          • Mark Harloff
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
              Art,
              That looks fine for your node. Make sure the other nodes have a dual
              entry for Your node callsign/ssid in their axip file. Also, check on the
              router setups as Dave mentions. The router(s) may be blocking your UDP
              port or theirs.
              - Mark K2CAN

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
                Thx Dave,
                The issue was that we did not have the node stations SSID in
                place. We were able to have interconnectivity last night once we
                made these edits. Appreciate all the help fro both of you.
                73 and bst to all!
                Art, N9ZZK

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeph" <zephd@...> wrote:

                > The first callsign should be whatever the other station has used
                for a
                > NODECALL.
                >

                > The BPQ Parameters have to be setup so that the station to which
                you want to
                > connect is in your NODE TABLE. QUALITY and MINQUAL will affect
                this.

                > The other possibility is that if you are behind a typical Home
                Router
                > (Linksys, Dl-Link, Netgear, etc) you have to set up PORT
                FORWARDING to
                > forward Port 10093 to the IP Address assigned to the PC running
                BPQ. For
                > all practical purposes, this requires that you assign a Private
                Static IP
                > Address, compatible with your Router's DHCP Server, to the PC
                running BPQ.

                > Otherwise the Node Broadcasts will never reach the PC.
                >

                > 73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX
                >

                > _____

                Behalf Of

                +
                > and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
                > > > John wiseman
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Ho
                > by+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
                > > > Craft hobby
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
                > y+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>
                > > >
                > > > Hobby and craft supply
                > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+h

                bby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

                > > > the web.

                > subject=Unsubscribe>

                Terms of

                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32> " on
                > the web.

              • K.O. Higgs
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 17, 2008
                  I would like to establish AXIP links with BPQ32/FBB sysops, with the idea of
                  also setting up forwarding, in the following locations:
                  Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Phillipines, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, Mexico

                  Interested? Contact me at n0kfq@...

                  K.O. N0KFQ

                  --

                  K.O. Higgs