Error Code 10048

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
      Although I have a 1 AXIP Port up and running on BPQ32 I am getting the following message: Bind Failed for UDP socket-error code = 10048
      This message has been hidden behind the console so have only just noticed it/ This might be the answer to my problem of being able to talk from BPPQ32 Node to Xrouter Node but not the other way.

      73 de Keith G1GXB
    • WA4ZKO
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
        That means something else on your PC is using that port. Since that's an unassigned TCP port ( http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers ) I can't think what it could be.

        You might have another copy of BPQ stuck in memory? Have you tried a reboot?

        With BPQ32 shut down, you might poke around with the netstat -an command to see if something is using that port.

        Easier fix might just be to use a different port. Pick one out of 10090-10095 if you want. I think 10093 seems to be a standard (FWIW), but I don't guess it matters if you pick carefully.

        73
        Jeff
        WA4ZKO

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <g1gxb@...> wrote:

        > Although I have a 1 AXIP Port up and running on BPQ32 I am getting the following message: Bind Failed for UDP socket-error code = 10048
        > This message has been hidden behind the console so have only just noticed it/ This might be the answer to my problem of being able to talk from BPPQ32 Node to Xrouter Node but not the other way.
        >
        > 73 de Keith G1GXB

      • WA4ZKO
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
          Oops, kind of misread your post..I think..

          What port are you using for AXIP?

          73
          Jeff
          WA4ZKO

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <g1gxb@...> wrote:

          > Although I have a 1 AXIP Port up and running on BPQ32 I am getting the following message: Bind Failed for UDP socket-error code = 10048
          > This message has been hidden behind the console so have only just noticed it/ This might be the answer to my problem of being able to talk from BPPQ32 Node to Xrouter Node but not the other way.
          >
          > 73 de Keith G1GXB

        • ke7xo
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
            it might be that you have two axip/udp ports configured in your
            bpqconfig file...

            Richard

            WA4ZKO wrote:

            > That means something else on your PC is using that port. Since that's
            > an unassigned TCP port ( http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers
            > <http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers> ) I can't think what it
            > could be.
            >
            > You might have another copy of BPQ stuck in memory? Have you tried a
            > reboot?
            >
            > With BPQ32 shut down, you might poke around with the netstat -an
            > command to see if something is using that port.
            >
            > Easier fix might just be to use a different port. Pick one out of
            > 10090-10095 if you want. I think 10093 seems to be a standard (FWIW),
            > but I don't guess it matters if you pick carefully.
            >
            > 73
            > Jeff
            > WA4ZKO
            >
            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "Keith"
            > <g1gxb@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Although I have a 1 AXIP Port up and running on BPQ32 I am getting
            > the following message: Bind Failed for UDP socket-error code = 10048
            > > This message has been hidden behind the console so have only just
            > noticed it/ This might be the answer to my problem of being able to
            > talk from BPPQ32 Node to Xrouter Node but not the other way.
            > >
            > > 73 de Keith G1GXB

          • Keith Ray
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
              I have run Netstat with and without BPQ32 running and it returned the same
              results, I am completely ignorant on the subject and it means nothing to me
              so hoping some more knowledgeble person can throw some light on it.
              Active Connections

              Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
              TCP 127.0.0.1:49184 G1GXB-PMS:49185 ESTABLISHED
              TCP 127.0.0.1:49185 G1GXB-PMS:49184 ESTABLISHED
              TCP 192.168.0.15:49181 by2msg1020618:msnp ESTABLISHED
              TCP 192.168.0.15:49183 pool-141-151-166-168:37766 ESTABLISHED

              Bpq32 is using 192.168.0.15 port 93 I thought but not so sure now

              73 Keith G1GXB

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
                Keith,

                You need to use "netstat -a -p udp" to show which udp sockets are open.

                But the most likely problem is defining more than one axip port. BPQ32
                is not like Xrouter - you just have one axip port for all your
                connections.