AXIP

  • abertheaume
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
      Greetings Group members,

      We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations. Our nodes
      broadcast are going out over each others RF ports. Checking local
      nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables. However, we can
      not connect INTO these stations.

      Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093 ;Listens for UDP
      packets on this port number" included.

      The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
      MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
      MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093

      Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
      MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093

      Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a different
      SSID so that two way comms can take place?

      Art, N9ZZK
    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
        The node at the other end will also need an entry like:
        MAP N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093, in other words, each of the 'other'
        nodes will have to have two entries for You in their AXIP setup.
        Other than a clear path through the internet between each other, that
        should do it as far as I can see.
        - Mark K2CAN

        abertheaume wrote:
        > Greetings Group members,
        >
        > We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations. Our nodes
        > broadcast are going out over each others RF ports. Checking local
        > nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables. However, we can
        > not connect INTO these stations.
        >
        > Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093 ;Listens for UDP
        > packets on this port number" included.
        >
        > The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
        > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
        > MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
        >
        > Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
        > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
        >
        > Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a different
        > SSID so that two way comms can take place?
        >
        > Art, N9ZZK

        > Ham radio
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
        > John wiseman
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
        > Craft hobby
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>
        >
        > Hobby and craft supply
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

      • Art Bertheaume
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
          Thx for the fast reply Mark,
            Maybe I am not clear enough on my post or maybe I might be a bit confused.  so to clarify we'll just use two stations and how the AXIP is configured.

          For KB8OAK,  he has:
          MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093

          For N9ZZK:
          MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093

          So in this example, two way comms are possible?  Or do I need to make an entry in my own AXIPcfg on myself?

          Art

          abertheaume wrote:
          > Greetings Group members,
          >
          > We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations.  Our nodes
          > broadcast are going out over each others RF ports.  Checking local
          > nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables.  However, we can
          > not connect INTO these stations.
          >
          > Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093      ;Listens for UDP
          > packets on this port number" included.
          >
          > The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
          > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          > MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
          >
          > Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
          > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
          >
          > Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a different
          > SSID so that two way comms can take place?
          >
          > Art,  N9ZZK

          > Ham radio
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
          >       John wiseman
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
          >       Craft hobby
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>
          >
          > Hobby and craft supply
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

          >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

        • abertheaume
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
            These are the exact entries I have in AXIPcfg now mark with still the
            same result. Likewise, the other stations have corresponding entries
            in thier AXIPcfg as well, verified via VNC..

            MAP KB8OAK KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
            MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
            MAP N9PMO N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Art Bertheaume <abertheaume@...> wrote:

            > Thx for the fast reply Mark,
            > Maybe I am not clear enough on my post or maybe I might be a
            bit confused. so to clarify we'll just use two stations and how the
            AXIP is configured.

            > For KB8OAK, he has:
            > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
            >
            > For N9ZZK:
            > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
            >
            > So in this example, two way comms are possible? Or do I need to
            make an entry in my own AXIPcfg on myself?

            > Art
            >

            > Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:
            > The node at the other end will also need an entry like:
            > MAP N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093, in other words, each of the 'other'
            > nodes will have to have two entries for You in their AXIP setup.
            > Other than a clear path through the internet between each other,
            that
            > should do it as far as I can see.
            > - Mark K2CAN
            >
            > abertheaume wrote:
            > > Greetings Group members,
            > >
            > > We are trying to implement AXIP between three stations. Our nodes
            > > broadcast are going out over each others RF ports. Checking local
            > > nodes, the AXIP nodes are in the thenodes tables. However, we can
            > > not connect INTO these stations.
            > >
            > > Our AXIPcfg has the statement "UDP 10093 ;Listens for UDP
            > > packets on this port number" included.
            > >
            > > The entries in each of the AXIP cfg files look like this:
            > > MAP NODES KB8OAK.GOTDNS.ORG UDP 10093
            > > MAP NODES N9PMO.DYNDNS.ORG UDP 10093
            > >
            > > Likewise, one of those stations would have my entry of:
            > > MAP NODES N9ZZK.FTP4ME.COM UDP 10093
            > >
            > > Do we have to have a second entry for each station with a
            different
            > > SSID so that two way comms can take place?
            > >
            > > Art, N9ZZK

            > > Ham radio
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+
            and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
            > > John wiseman
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
            by+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
            > > Craft hobby
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobb
            y+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>

            > > Hobby and craft supply
            > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
            t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+ho
            bby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            ------

            > Ham radio John wiseman Craft hobby Hobby and craft
            supply

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------

          • Dave Zeph
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006

              The first callsign should be whatever the other station has used for a NODECALL.

              The BPQ Parameters have to be setup so that the station to which you want to connect is in your NODE TABLE.  QUALITY and MINQUAL will affect this.

              The other possibility is that if you are behind a typical Home Router (Linksys, Dl-Link, Netgear, etc) you have to set up PORT FORWARDING to forward Port 10093 to the IP Address assigned to the PC running BPQ.  For all practical purposes, this requires that you assign a Private Static IP Address, compatible with your Router’s DHCP Server, to the PC running BPQ.

              Otherwise the Node Broadcasts will never reach the PC.

              73 -à Dave, W9ZRX

> [...]

              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+
              and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
              > >       John wiseman
              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
              by+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
              > >       Craft hobby
              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobb
              y+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>

              > > Hobby and craft supply
              > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+ho
              bby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

              > >       the web.
              >

              > >     *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              > >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              > >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

              ------

              >         Ham radio   John wiseman   Craft hobby     Hobby and craft
              supply

              Service.

              > ---------------------------------

            • Mark Harloff
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2006
                Art,
                That looks fine for your node. Make sure the other nodes have a dual
                entry for Your node callsign/ssid in their axip file. Also, check on the
                router setups as Dave mentions. The router(s) may be blocking your UDP
                port or theirs.
                - Mark K2CAN

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 11, 2006
                  Thx Dave,
                  The issue was that we did not have the node stations SSID in
                  place. We were able to have interconnectivity last night once we
                  made these edits. Appreciate all the help fro both of you.
                  73 and bst to all!
                  Art, N9ZZK

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeph" <zephd@...> wrote:

                  > The first callsign should be whatever the other station has used
                  for a
                  > NODECALL.
                  >

                  > The BPQ Parameters have to be setup so that the station to which
                  you want to
                  > connect is in your NODE TABLE. QUALITY and MINQUAL will affect
                  this.

                  > The other possibility is that if you are behind a typical Home
                  Router
                  > (Linksys, Dl-Link, Netgear, etc) you have to set up PORT
                  FORWARDING to
                  > forward Port 10093 to the IP Address assigned to the PC running
                  BPQ. For
                  > all practical purposes, this requires that you assign a Private
                  Static IP
                  > Address, compatible with your Router's DHCP Server, to the PC
                  running BPQ.

                  > Otherwise the Node Broadcasts will never reach the PC.
                  >

                  > 73 ---> Dave, W9ZRX
                  >

                  > _____

                  Behalf Of

                  +
                  > and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=QPMK_GeF4i_IHW7Em7bvjw>
                  > > > John wiseman
                  > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                  t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Ho
                  > by+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=2x3GzAb5LpXH_-YTTYcTaw>
                  > > > Craft hobby
                  > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                  t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hob
                  > y+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=eKRq34h9DIghO2FCTMpNUA>
                  > > >
                  > > > Hobby and craft supply
                  > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?

                  t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+h

                  bby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&c=4&s=78&.sig=4YQ2jfYPNaEnQmRPUb518g>

                  > > > the web.

                  > subject=Unsubscribe>

                  Terms of

                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BPQ32> " on
                  > the web.

                • K.O. Higgs
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 17, 2008
                    I would like to establish AXIP links with BPQ32/FBB sysops, with the idea of
                    also setting up forwarding, in the following locations:
                    Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Phillipines, New Zealand, Japan, Israel, Mexico

                    Interested? Contact me at n0kfq@...

                    K.O. N0KFQ

                    --

                    K.O. Higgs