DUMMY ?

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2009
      I am playing around with BPQ32 with the possibility of using it instead of Xrouter as the front end of the BBS GB7SOU. I am not very computer knowledgeable and if there is a mistake to be made I will make it. I have one AXIP port running over a Lan on a spare computor to the Xrouter Node and FBB BBS. The Mail/Chat Server is running but will not connect to the Xrouter Chat Node as of yet but is putting out the following:

      G1GXB-9>DUMMY Port 1 <UI C> Pid F0 AX25:
      G1GXB-8 0

      Is this correct
      73 de Keith G1GXB
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2009
        BPQ chat is not compatible with Xrouter chat.

        The message to DUMMY is a Chat Network Status Update.

        If you want your Char Node to appear on the map at http://guardian.no-ip.org/map_display/map.html, the add:

        MAP DUMMY bpqchatmon.ham-radio-op.net UDP 10090

        to your bpqaxip.cfg.

        If you don't want to appear on the map, then don't add the map line. The message will just be dumped.

        I think this has escaped the documentation - I'll add it

        .