Re: [BPQ32] Re: DSTAR - was PROTOCOL=KISS PROTOCOL=NONE?

  • Bill V WA7NWP
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 22, 2009
      > John is of the opinion that if D-Star radios will pass all bytes without any modification nor filtering, then there is no need for BPQ changes.

      Note that this "serial stream" the D-Star provides has no "packeting"
      or error detection.. I believe the D-Rats scheme was to build the
      D-Star connectivity on top of XMODEM packets...

      Bill - WA7NWP
    • la7um
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 22, 2009
        One problem may be that D-Star has no HW handshake. So the nullmodem cable transpoorting is only a tx, rx and ground, needing Xon , Xoff software handshake.
        I dont remember how flexible this connection in KISS between 2 pcs are, thinking of this handshake.
        Maybe it doesnt matter. The frames must be made not to big, so not ALL the stream has to be resent because of bit-error.
        Hm... How was this done by Airmail?
        73 de la7um Finn

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 23, 2009
          Hi Folks,

          I'm working in a PACTOR interface for BPQ32, but I don't have a SCS Controller to to test with. I wonder if anyone has a spare controller they could put on the end of a serial tunnel for me to try?  Or even one that is not used all the time.

          Thanks,
          John

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 23, 2009
            I have a ptc-IIex available...

            contact me at    ke7xo@...

            Richard

            I'm working in a PACTOR interface for BPQ32, but I don't have a SCS Controller to to test with. I wonder if anyone has a spare controller they could put on the end of a serial tunnel for me to try?  Or even one that is not used all the time.

            Thanks,
            John

          • Jerry - N9LYA
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 23, 2009

              Hi John..

              I have one I am using part time.. Tell me how to put it on a serial tunnel and I will make it happen…

              Jerry

              I'm working in a PACTOR interface for BPQ32, but I don't have a SCS Controller to to test with. I wonder if anyone has a spare controller they could put on the end of a serial tunnel for me to try?  Or even one that is not used all the time.

              Thanks,

              John

            • Jack Chomley
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 23, 2009
                At 03:47 AM 11/24/2009, you wrote:

                Hi Folks,

                I'm working in a PACTOR interface for BPQ32, but I don't have a SCS Controller to to test with. I wonder if anyone has a spare controller they could put on the end of a serial tunnel for me to try?  Or even one that is not used all the time.

                Thanks,
                John

                John,

                IF you are considering doing the code for one of these.....

                http://www.scs-ptc.com/shop/products/modems/tracker-dsp-tnc

                I have one I can loan you, they work very well on HF Packet/APRS etc ;-)

                73,

                Jack VK4JRC

              • Jim WU3V
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 24, 2009
                  John I have a spare unit I can setup for you, they sometimes need to be reset (power cycled) and I can gove you a mechanism to do that remotely.

                  Jim wu3v

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 24, 2009
                    I also h

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 25, 2009
                      Thanks, Jim. I've get a unit to test with, but will be soon be looking for alpha testers for the software, Watch this space!