Sorry for disrupting the net

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009
      Please let me apologize for any problems that I may have caused on the packet net last night. I'm the guy who is guilty of the unintentional posting of a bunch of text in the form of a recipe that was captured on my clipboard.
      That was the first time for me on a telnet chat net and for some reason I thought that a right click in the PuTTY window would allow me to change the font size but obviously I was wrong. In addition to that I also didn't realize that the results of my clicking around was going out live until asked if I was trying to send a file. Oh well it was at the end of a long day for me and I should have known better than to try to do anything that required any thinking. Sorry again for the disruption to the net.
      A few questions though.
      Were some of the net participants using RF to connect or was it all internet telnet connections?
      Is the net normally an open net or is it really intended for experienced sysops?
      I have so much to learn........

      Mike, N3XPD
    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2009
        No apologies needed.. we have all done that or worse.
        The net is open to everyone (not just sysops), so please try again next
        Monday night. However, the net is a "directed" net and the NCS will call
        on you in your turn. It has been a real mess so far because we are all
        trying to help get enough information on the glitches we are having to
        provide John with something to work with in his trouble-shooting. Hope
        to see you again next Monday night 8pm Central.

        73, K.O, N0KFQ

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...