Packet Net

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2009
      Well, I think Jeff says it better than I can...
      ---------
      Well I think we learned a lot tonight.

      It's safe to say the bugs we've been seeing have nothing to do with link
      topology or # of nodes involved.

      Problem seems to be that even a single chat node has trouble keeping
      track of folks as you pile a few on and some start disconnecting/

      reconnecting or changing topics much. Those that move around tend to
      find themselves in a magical place by themselves regardless of what
      their topic says they are in, grin. Only fix is for everyone to drop
      out, wait a bit for things to clear out, then come back in fresh.

      We probably should of tried a topic switch, but I think by then we'd
      seen enough to answer the question bugging most of us...is it related to
      number of chat nodes and/or link topology? Doesn't appear to be.

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO/1

      --------

      Thanks, everyone, for being there to help... needless to say, we
      couldn't have done it without you. There was plenty enough frustration
      to go around... nobody was skimped.. Hope to see you all next Monday night..

      73, K.O. and Billie N0KFQ / KB0WSA

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...