Beacons off on a particular port?

  • WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
      Any way to control beacons on a port by port basis?

      Example? I'd like to NOT beacon on the AXIP port, but beacon on the local RF port. Plenty of bandwidth on the AXIP port, but normally I'd say it's meaningless fluff to my AXIP neighbors ;-) Same would likely apply to a RF backbone port.

      Would adding the following to the AXIP port cfg do the trick?

      BTINTERVAL=0

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO
    • Art Bertheaume
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
        Jeff,

        You can define beacon interval on a port-by-port basis by setting the QUALITY parameter to 0 (zero) inside the port defininitions.  Look for the following entry when setting up a particulair port:

        <snip>
         QUALITY=192  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
                                ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
                               ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
        <end)

        HTH, 73
        de N9ZZK

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
          Jeff,
          Disregard the word INTERVAL in my last post.  If you set QUALITY to zero on your AXIP port, it will halt the node broadcast on that port.

          But after more thought,  I see you are just trying to stop your BEACONS on that port,  not your node broadcast....

          Art

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 30, 2009
            Jeff,

            Unfortuantely it depends on the source of the beacons. Those generated by the switch, or sent using the "Send Unproto" API are best stopped by not setting an UNPROTO address for the port. Some applications use the "Send Raw" API, and the only way to stop them is by configuring the application.

            Actually for axip ports this isn't an issue, as the messages won't go to your neighbours unless you have a MAP entry for the beacon destination in your bpqaxip.cfg. However it would be significant on a backbone radio link.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2009
              wnah i am looking at my monitor via Bpqterminal,i can see different nodes that are connecting my bbs,
              is it possible to adjust the system so it would transmit every time a nodes that connect via axudp ?
              my fbb is doing that here via is CQ files ,
              can it be done,if so where is the ON switch if i may say ?

              Thanks
              Gervais ve2ckn
              for ve2rxy-11

              Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 6:19 AM