Re: [BPQ32] MFJ-1270C 10 MHz upgrade kit?

  • Dave Zeph
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2009

      The ease of modifying a 1270C is mainly a function of what style DIPSWITCH was used on the 1270C being modified.

      The original 1270C’s used a Vertical-style Dipswitch.  It was a simple matter to unsolder two of the leads and solder a jumper between them.

      Later models used a “piano key” style Dipswitch and unsoldering single leads wasn’t practical.  Fortunately the pads for the old style Dipswitch were also still present on the PC Board.  I found it much easier to take a pair of dikes to the piano-style Dipswitch, cut it apart, and unsolder and pull the individual connections to each pad.  This put less heat stress on the poor quality 1270C PC Board – pads lift rather easily.

      Then I mounted a Vertical-style Dipswitch and then jumpered the two Dipswitch leads.

      73 -Ú Dave, W9ZRX