Re: [BPQ32] bbs back to node...

  • Bill V WA7NWP
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2009
      Will do Jerry, That's certainly the direction I'd like to go. There
      aren't many 'steps' between here and at least being on HF with 300 bd
      packet so I'm going to try and get that going in the near future.
      Getting a decent antenna is going to be a little harder.

      73
      Bill

      > Bill.. If I could interest you in joining us on HF packet forwarding that would be cool.. I you would like we could also experiment on HF with some of the modes in MIXW… Gove me a yell if either these interest you down the road…
      >
      > 73 jerry
    • Bill V WA7NWP
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 26, 2009
        Thanks for the reply John...

        > 1. Configure backspace to send Ctrl/H. I use putty, and it works ok,

        Ok. I'll remember to use Ctrl-H instead of del from now on.

        > 2. There is a return to node from chat, but not from the BBS. I'll look into adding it.

        And I see it now in the node commands... That will help. In the
        legacy X1J TheNet world this was always an option that the node-op set
        at the node itself. As a user being able to control it from the
        application will be a nice touch.

        73
        Bill
      • WS7I
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2009
          One dumb question. I have a couple of these bbs's running in pretty
          much test mode. I see a bunch of messages to sysop but can't seem to
          login and access them. What is the procedure?

          On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Bill V WA7NWP <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
          > Will do Jerry,  That's certainly the direction I'd like to go.   There
          > aren't many 'steps' between here and at least being on HF with 300 bd
          > packet so I'm going to try and get that going in the near future.
          > Getting a decent antenna is going to be a little harder.
          >
          > 73
          > Bill
          >
          >> Bill.. If I could interest you in joining us on HF packet forwarding that would be cool.. I you would like we could also experiment on HF with some of the modes in MIXW… Gove me a yell if either these interest you down the road…
          >>
          >> 73 jerry

          Jay WS7I
        • K.O. Higgs
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 27, 2009
            From the keyboard of the bbs computer, click WINDOWS -> CONSOLE, then
            type "LM". From there you can read and kill the SYSOP messages.

            K.O. N0KFQ

            WS7I wrote:
            > One dumb question. I have a couple of these bbs's running in pretty
            > much test mode. I see a bunch of messages to sysop but can't seem to
            > login and access them. What is the procedure?
            >
            > On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Bill V WA7NWP <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Will do Jerry, That's certainly the direction I'd like to go. There
            >> aren't many 'steps' between here and at least being on HF with 300 bd
            >> packet so I'm going to try and get that going in the near future.
            >> Getting a decent antenna is going to be a little harder.
            >>
            >> 73
            >> Bill
            >>

            >>> Bill.. If I could interest you in joining us on HF packet forwarding that would be cool.. I you would like we could also experiment on HF with some of the modes in MIXW… Gove me a yell if either these interest you down the road…
            >>>
            >>> 73 jerry

            K.O. Higgs
            n0kfq@...