AGWtoBPQ Transmit problems

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2005
      Still trying to get to the bottom of the TX problems with AGWtoBPQ.exe

      Digi_ned does not like AGWtoBPQ at all.. It often stops transmitting now or
      just does not transmit from startup although it does RX ok.. Ive also found
      that if I leave it running like this then eventually Ui-View ceases
      transmitting as well..

      If I stop AGWtoBPQ and execute it again then Ui-View seems to see a AGW
      interface ok but I check the ports available and it shows nothing is there..
      Once I get to this stage then shuting down the processes and rerunning it
      all again does not help at all. I have to actually shutdown the machine and
      reboot to get it to TX again.

      Ive now got a Debug output version of Digi_Ned again with this latest
      version and it sometimes fails the initialisation procedure when running it
      up.
      Here are some of the outputs debug comments.

      "Waiting for response for Port Info" - This hangs for 30 seconds or so
      before continuing.

      "Connection check timer ran out"

      "reception timer ran out"

      "Channel info reception failed"

      Then it aborts.

      Looks to me like the whole winsocket just stops responding properly. Now
      when alot of these things are happening I find that I can still use the Old
      Status.exe BPQterm.exe and Monitor.exe programes from the older origianl
      BPQ32 release 4.09.
      I can also make outbound connects. While Uiview and Digi_ned are still
      Recieving through AGWtoBPQ and not transmitting the old interfaces are fine
      and the switch is there. Seems like there is a problem with AGWtoBPQ.exe but
      what exactly?
      I am running the new version of AGWtoBPQ as well otherwise digi_ned would
      not even get past go.

      I can run Ui-vew all day with AGWtoBPQ and its fine. I can run Digi_ned for
      many days with the old AGWpe and its fine.
      So whats the problem ?? I am unsure where to go on this one.

      I dont know what to do next with this one .

      Tony Hunt VK5AH
    • Danny NL1SNE
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2005
        Hi..

        i hav a problem with tshtwin...

        use tf2agw.dll as driver..

        when is change te agw port in agw to bpq to 8000 tsthwin conects the switch...

        but i still cannot connect any stations not even the node,,

        when i set everything to port 8010 as in the bpq32.doc tsthwin does nothing at all..

        can anyone explani this for me ?