AXIP/UDP defaults/tuning?

  • WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2009
      A question that I've had ever since I first saw them....

      Considering the performance characteristics of the average broadband connection today maybe it's time to revist the defaults...which strike me as more appropriate for a dialup connection, grin. Is it just me missing something or is there a ton of room for tuning/tweaking on some of the AXIP defaults below:

      MAXFRAME=7 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      FRACK=3000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      RETRIES=5 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      PACLEN=236 ; Max = 236

      PacLen and Retries probably fine, but for connectionless UDP....

      3 seconds for Frack? Way too long? 1 (or less) sec better? If it didn't get there in a second, it's likely lost?

      1 second for Resptime? Probably way too long?

      Or am I missing something here?

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO