List of Nodes

  • ve2ckn
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 10, 2009

      hi all,

      i was looking into the config of my BPQ32 and saw an parameter about

      My Node Table:i saw the one of Mike PMOCHT:N9PMO-11

      this is the place where we add nodes from others?

      if yes could you send me some call letters outhere,i would try it and see what happended :-)

      thanks

      BPQ32  is a world to discover ,,,,

      73/s

      Gervais ve2ckn

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 10, 2009
        Good Morning Gervais,

        The PMOCHT:N9PMO-11 is my CHAT Server Alias:Call I also have your Chat
        Server
        Alias:Call in mine, now here is where it is a bit confusing, caution needs
        be taken when adding other Alias:Call Signs,

        (1) The Alias:Call you have added from another station,
        needs to have your Alias:Call in his, < >

        (2) you shouldn't need more then two or three at the most, you shouldn't
        have any duplicates with parties you have added, Example:

        IF I have the following:
        RXYCHT:VE2RXY-11
        MNQCHT:N5IN-3
        WSACHT:KB0WSA-3

        You would only want to have and one more:
        PMOCHT:N9PMO-11

        But not have since I already have:
        MNQCHT:N5IN-3
        WSACHT:KB0WSA-3

        It would be safe for you to add:
        SFSCHT:VE3UIL-9

        Mike VE3UIL should add RXYCHT:VE2RXY-11 in his
        Chat Server Nodes to Link to.

        Your Chat Server will find the Route to link to
        Any of the Chat Servers via BPQ32 Nodes Table, ether RF or AXIP.

        When duplicate Alias:Call Signs are in Nodes to Link to, the
        Chat Server can get stuck in a loop, this has happened over
        The last three Packet Nets, Mike VE3UIL, K.O/Billie KB0WSA and I
        Have corrected ours, to prevent a loop or not be able to
        Change Topics, I hope I haven't really confused you, let me
        Know if you need help.

        At Present I have the Following:

        MNQCHT:N5IN-3
        RXYCHT:VE2RXY-11
        WSACHTKB0WSA-3

        Mike Melnik N9PMO
        Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

        Scanned By Symantec Corporate Antivirus

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 11, 2009
          Hi Mike
          i sent a copy of this email at the bbs hotmail.
          i will check later,,rigt now i am working outside on my windcharger,,,i lost
          2 blades last night,,,,,,,,,too much strong winds.
          73/s Merci
          Gervais ve2ckn

          > The PMOCHT:N9PMO-11 is my CHAT Server Alias:Call I also have your Chat
          > Server
          > Alias:Call in mine, now here is where it is a bit confusing, caution needs
          > be taken when adding other Alias:Call Signs,
          >
          > (1) The Alias:Call you have added from another station,
          > needs to have your Alias:Call in his, < >
          >
          > (2) you shouldn't need more then two or three at the most, you shouldn't
          > have any duplicates with parties you have added, Example:
          >
          > IF I have the following:
          > RXYCHT:VE2RXY-11
          > MNQCHT:N5IN-3
          > WSACHT:KB0WSA-3
          >
          > You would only want to have and one more:
          > PMOCHT:N9PMO-11
          >
          > But not have since I already have:
          > MNQCHT:N5IN-3
          > WSACHT:KB0WSA-3
          >
          > It would be safe for you to add:
          > SFSCHT:VE3UIL-9
          >
          > Mike VE3UIL should add RXYCHT:VE2RXY-11 in his
          > Chat Server Nodes to Link to.
          >
          > Your Chat Server will find the Route to link to
          > Any of the Chat Servers via BPQ32 Nodes Table, ether RF or AXIP.
          >
          > When duplicate Alias:Call Signs are in Nodes to Link to, the
          > Chat Server can get stuck in a loop, this has happened over
          > The last three Packet Nets, Mike VE3UIL, K.O/Billie KB0WSA and I
          > Have corrected ours, to prevent a loop or not be able to
          > Change Topics, I hope I haven't really confused you, let me
          > Know if you need help.
          >
          > At Present I have the Following:
          >
          > MNQCHT:N5IN-3
          > RXYCHT:VE2RXY-11
          > WSACHTKB0WSA-3
          >
          > Mike Melnik N9PMO
          > Web Site: www.n9pmo.com
          >
          > Scanned By Symantec Corporate Antivirus

        • Steve
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 12, 2009
          • Steve
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 12, 2009
            • Bill V WA7NWP
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 12, 2009
                What Steve is trying to say but the computer world is hindering,,,
                Is there any examples available for BPQ32 set up to do cross port
                digipeating.. Maybe even with specific aliases to go in one port and
                come out the other...

                Like alias L2H which would digi between the HIGH port and the LOW port.

                I think it's the bit mask details that's confusing us.

                Thanks once again,
                Bill - WA7NWP

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 13, 2009
                • Sergej
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 13, 2009
                    Hello, Bill.

                    > Is there any examples available for BPQ32 set up to do cross port
                    > digipeating.. Maybe even with specific aliases to go in one port and
                    > come out the other...

                    Do you mean for UI frames? Don't know...

                    For normal connected packet think better to connect node on one
                    port, then type C N xxxxx, where N - is number of other frequency
                    radio port.

                    Most BBS and terminal software have scripts to automate all.

                    73, uz2hz
                  • Bill V WA7NWP
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 13, 2009
                      Hello Sergej..

                      Yes - this is for UI Frames. There are a couple instances where it's
                      handy to be able to directly cross connect through a node like this.
                      In general you are correct that we should use either the connections
                      in the node or let it work automatically for us with Netrom..

                      Thanks for the notes..
                      73
                      Bill

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 13, 2009
                        BPQ32 Digipeating does not have the concept of different aliases for different port combinations.

                        If you set up cross port digiing - eg Port 1 has DIGIPORT=2 and Port 2 has DIGIPORT=1, then all digi packets addresses to any of the calls received on one port will be relayed on the other port. As Sergej says, normally connecting to and from the node will be more efficient.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 13, 2009
                          A couple general comments...

                          > BPQ32 Digipeating does not have the concept of different aliases for different port combinations.

                          That is no doubt a situation where a focused digipeating tool like
                          Digi_ned shines. We've had a couple interesting APRS/Other digi's set
                          up where packets could go in on one port with one alias and come out
                          on the other port showing a different aliase.

                          For example, Port 1, on 2 meters, would recognize the aliase: UHF.
                          If it heard it, it would send it out the Port 2 on 440 MHz. The
                          packet coming out of Port Two would not show "UHF" but rather the
                          tagged as used alias "VHF*". Likewise if a packet on 440 was sent
                          with the path UHF, it would be digipeated out the 2 meter port showing
                          the tagged alias "UHF*". This allowed fairly transparent digipeating
                          between two channels.

                          Eventually we'd like to get back to that and since the main APRS
                          channel will likely be involved we'll probably be using digi_ned..

                          > If you set up cross port digiing - eg Port 1 has DIGIPORT=2 and Port 2 has DIGIPORT=1, then all digi packets addresses to any of the calls received on one port will be relayed on the other port.

                          Thanks - that' a good example we can try tonight.

                          > As Sergej says, normally connecting to and from the node will be more efficient.

                          That would be open to discussion... I've found the one-hop
                          connections VIA a digi to be faster and less packets then using a
                          node. Once the number of hops gets to 2 or more, then the node
                          technology kicks in and makes the circuit more reliable.

                          73
                          Bill - WA7NWP

                        • Charles Brabham
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 13, 2009
                            The problem with digipeating is that it lacks the intelligence of a node connect. That is, digipeated frames are much more likely to collide with other activity on the frequency.

                            It has nothing to do with the number of hops you utilize except of course that multiple digipeated hops multiplies your chances of colliding with somebody else's packets. - But that increased probability of collisions is still there with a single hop.

                            That's why we stopped using digipeating and advanced to the more intelligent node system in the early days of Packet.

                            Do not confuse dipipeating as it is known and implemented in the USA, by the way, with 'digis' in Europe which by our standards are actually more like nodes.

                            73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL

                            Prefer to use radio for your amateur radio communications? - Stop by at HamRadioNet.Org !