Minor feature request...

  • Ken Jacobs
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
      So far, I have been running BPQ32 and it works wonderfully. I have only one minor request...is it possible to add the try, retry and retry percentage to the routes list when a routes command is issued? Having that information helps when we are still setting up our network in our area. Thanks again for a great working node solution.
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
        Ken,

        R * does that.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
          Well, what do ya know! I guess it helps to know a little more about the commands....thanks again. Maybe I should read some more of the docs.

          Ken

          John Wiseman wrote:

          Ken,

          R * does that.

          So far, I have been running BPQ32 and it works wonderfully. I have only one minor request...is it possible to add the try, retry and retry percentage to the routes list when a routes command is issued? Having that information helps when we are still setting up our network in our area. Thanks again for a great working node solution.

        • bryanRandy
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
            keep up the great work Sir my hat is off to you.thank God for Hams like you.
            kf4cmj

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
              There are a couple of other you may have missed.

              N T, which shows the round trip time to all nodes you have comunicated with,

              and S S, which shows the basic stats (without the port stuff)

              Well, what do ya know! I guess it helps to know a little more about the commands.... thanks again. Maybe I should read some more of the docs.

              Ken

              John Wiseman wrote:

              Ken,

              R * does that.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
                WOW! The extra info definitely helps in setting up new networks and checking link qualities and such. Thanks again for the great work you do.

                Ken

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
                  Hummm! I've looked through the documentation for BPQ32, but was not able to locate a list of commands available for use on the node, such as the ones you just shared. Is there a page, link or something that lists other commands?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
                    It looks like it escaped when I transferred the docs from the DOS BPQCODE. The file (commands.doc) is in the bpq409D distribution in the files section, but for convienience I've uploaded it to http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Commands.html

                    It is over 16 years old, but gives the basics. I'll bring it up to date when I have a few minutes to spare.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 9, 2009
                      Thanks John,

                      That will help. At least I can glance through and see
                      what other goodies are available. Thanks again.

                      Ken Jacobs KD6PGI
                      Hood River County ARES
                      Assistant EC - Digital