Re: Using DRSI and other HDLC card with BPQ32 on Win98

  • Danny PD0SNK
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009
    Hello John,

    Its a driver with a mind of its one ;-) sometimes it works other times it hangs very strange.
    anyway i got it going with 4 ports now (1 pa0hzp card)
    When i add the other 4 ports it hangs.

    I have made a log for you as you requested and i'm sending my bpqcfg.txt maybe i'm doing something wrong hi.
    The adres of the first card is 150H second card is +8 hex 158H and interrupt 7 for both cards.
    Hopefully you will find something.

    I'll keep testing here.

    73's Danny PD0SNK
    (The bpqcfg.txt is from my CB node so could look strange with the calls)

    __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4416 (20090911) __________

    Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

    http://www.eset.com
  • D Calder
    Message 2 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009

      When using (2) DRSI cards, mine needs to be on different interrupts. How else will it tell

      which card to address?

      Not by the H-address alone.

      73 Dave

      n4zkf

      n4zkf@...

      www.n4zkf.com

      Message 3 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009
        Hi Dave.

        The PA0HZP scc cards share the same interrupt.
        They are connected together by a sort of bus cable. one card is master all the others are slave.

        Danny.
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "D Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

        > When using (2) DRSI cards, mine needs to be on different interrupts. How
        > else will it tell
        >
        > which card to address?
        >

        > Not by the H-address alone.
        >

        > 73 Dave
        >
        > n4zkf
        >
        > n4zkf@...
        >
        > www.n4zkf.com

      • D Calder
        Message 4 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009

          I learn something every day!

          Message 5 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009
            The software can handle cards sharing an interrupt. Logically the 4 channels on a card are two two channel cards sharing an interrupt. It should handle 2 cards in the same way, but it doesn't have any code to handle any sharing logic. Try just configuring both cards the same (with different IO addresses, and no interlinking cable.

            Message 6 of 12 , Sep 12, 2009
              Danny,

              I'm away from home at the moment- I'll look at the log when I get back.

              Message 7 of 12 , Sep 14, 2009
                The link cable is neccesary it wont work without it.
                With the Dos version of BPQ it run perfectly.
                Only one wants to upgrade hi.

                i will try to scan te manual for you John maybe you have some use of it.

                Danny PD0SNK

                __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4422 (20090913) __________