Problems with AGWtoBPQ not transmitting and LAN findings

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2005
      Ive done some more tests with this issue..

      If I use AGWs PE with Digi_ned and Ui-view it works fine
      If I use AGWtoBPQ then after about 1/2 an hour or so it stops TXing
      alltogether.
      If I just use Ui-view by itself it keeps going no problem.

      So to me its some sort of interaction when Digi_ned is involved.
      Both Apps only use UI frames of course. All of these tests are on a single
      host machine
      and not across a LAN. I have not used the back end application with BPQtoAGW
      as yet.
      One problem at a time here.

      Ive also found that I can work across a LAN with UI-View + AGWtoBPQ fine
      instead of AGWpe
      which is nice. Ive done this with both Ui-View and WIN-TNC trying both UI
      and connected frames.
      Although this was really only a brief test its pretty encouraging.

      I CAN NOT get the new terminal or monitors to work at all.. They seem to see
      the switch (BPQ32) ok but thats
      about it. I dont get any further progresss. The old monitor and terminals
      still works fine. This is a WIN98SE
      system. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Perhaps it does not like me
      today hi hi..

      Some sort of Listing of socket connections or APPs connected with callsigns
      assigned (if any) under AGWtoBPQ would be good. Thats way I could see what
      was connected to it and what was not. AGW has this facility under the ABOUT
      options and its handy at times.

      73 Tony Hunt VK5AH