RE: [BPQ32] BPQ-BBS

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
      That will only disable forwarding not remove the callsign..

      73 Jerry

      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
        Got my stuff ready to restore that PC I am headed out the door If I get
        back you will see me... 73 Jerry

        That did it! Slick as a glass door-knob.

        Try to get to the net... we need you there, especially at first.

        73, K.O. N0KFQ

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
          Thank you!

          73, K.O.

          Mark Harloff wrote:
          > Click on the Callsign and uncheck the 'enable
          > forwarding' box.
          >
          > - Mark K2CAN
          >

          > Jerry - N9LYA wrote:
          >

          >> Not Tried that yet… But try going to users and uncheck BBS for that user…
          >>
          >> 73 Jerry
          >>

          >> Wont make the net tonight work just called me out to fix a Computer in
          >> the Central Control Room…
          >>

          >> I may get lucky and get right back but doubt it….
          >>

          >> Let me know how it goes..
          >>

          >> 73 jerry

        • Bill Schooler (KI4NCW)
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
            If you uncheck "BBS" from the USER database then it will stop compiling messages to be forwarded to that Call.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
              Bill,

              It would make more sense that the 'forwarding
              enabled' box controls the compiling of the
              messages as opposed to configuring the User as a
              BBS. All of the forwarding configuration data is
              entered in the Configuration-Manage Forwarding
              window which is the same one that controls
              whether forwarding is turned on or off for a
              specific User.

              This is just my 'theory' based on what I
              remember of FBB.

              May be John can fill us in on this since I am
              not sure I have it correct.

              - Mark K2CAN

              Bill Schooler (KI4NCW) wrote:

              > If you uncheck "BBS" from the USER database then it will stop compiling
              > messages to be forwarded to that Call.
              >
              > Bill

            • K.O. Higgs
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                Thanks, Bill.....

                73, K.O. N0KFQ

                --

                K.O. Higgs
                n0kfq@...
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                • K.O. Higgs
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                    Thanks.. I see that just removing the user's "bbs" check does the trick
                    also.

                    73, K.O. N0KFQ

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                      I just know that if you uncheck BBS then the CALL will not even show up in pending forward any more.

                      Bill Schooler (KI4NCW) wrote:

                      > If you uncheck "BBS" from the USER database then it will stop compiling
                      > messages to be forwarded to that Call.
                      >
                      > Bill

                    • gervais
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 7, 2009
                        Hi alll
                        well i thaught that Bpq_BBS was not yet ready ?
                        the replacement for Fbb,
                        73/s
                        gervais ev2ckn
                        BBS Ve2rxy

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 8, 2009
                          Unchecking BBS in the "Manage Users" dialog will stop the software treating the station as a BBS. It will no longer appear in the "Manage Forwarding" dialog, or the Actions/Start Forwarding Menu, and  messages will no longer be queued for the station. The Manage Forwarding information is not lost, and will reappoer if the BBS flag is checked again.

                          The "Forwarding Enabled" box is intended to stop forwarding for a short period, without losing messages already queued to the BBS or stopping new messages from being queued. Perhaps "Autoconnect Enabled" would be a better description, as it does not stop the station connecting and forwarding in or out, or stop the sysop from forcing a fowrward cycle via the Action/Start Forwarding/CallSign Menu.

                          Don't expect the software always to behave like FBB. There are some similarities, but it is not an FBB clone!