RE: [BPQ32] Fbb 7.01a error.

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 84 KB
    Danny

    I have included three Driver .DLL'S to replace existing .DLL'S
    Please Replace them, open the Registry editor, Expand WinFbb
    In Config make sure all Registry Values end with the correct folder or File,
    Expand the Housekeeping, Very Important:
    Activated set to 1
    ArchBull set to 1
    ArchPers Set to 1
    EpurWPUpdate C:\Program Files\WinFbb\Data\WP\WP.SYS

    If this doesn't solve your problem please contact me, I also have
    Files to be added to 7.01 to enable Bulletin Life Time Test.

    Please don't over look the Available BPQ-MailChat Server.

    Mike Melnik N9PMO
    Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

    Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2014
      After many years happily running WinFbb 7.01-35A I struck the same problem - starting up WinFbb gives the "root folder not found" message. Not even reinstalling FBB with a new configuration makes it go away. There must be some sort of damaged Windows DLL file that WinFbb relies on I expect.

      Anyone know where to start looking for this? I don't want to have to reinstall XP. Maybe there's even a utility that can check for such anomalies.

      Thanks,
      Gerard - VK2IO
    • Michael Melnik
      Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2014
        Gerard

        I don't have 7.01-35 installed anymore so I have to do this by
        memory,
        The registry is looking for the root directory of WinFbb, open the
        FBB folder
        C:\Program Files\WinFbb there is a configuration tool, open it up,
        you will see
        Tabs, what you are looking for is File or Folder tab.

        Once you get there, you will see all the directory paths, one or more
        is incorrect
        There is a scroll bar, make sure you check all file/folder paths &
        correct.

        If you don't find a problem, you will need to go to the registry
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, WinFbb, check the root path, make sure
        there
        Is no strange characters in the line, if there is right click on the
        line. Modify & correct.

        This usually happens when users have installed so called clean up
        programs
        Ea. CCleaner or similar, I have seen these program cause major
        problems too
        Many times, also exclude WinFbb & BPQ from your Antivirus and sypware
        programs.

        If you still have problems contact me off the reflector.

        There is also an Update that I had John G8BPQ write to solve some of
        the bugs
        In 7.01-35, it is available on my web site Packet Radio Software.

        Mike Melnik
        BPQ32 Group Moderator