Fbb 7.01a error.

  • Danny PD0SNK
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
      Hi Group.

      I have a problem here with winfbb 7.01a.
      It run great before but now i have problem with it.

      I get the error that the root folder can not be found.
      its set to c:\program files\winfbb so thats correct becouse fbb is in that folder.

      I have deleted fbb from the registry and set it up again but same error comes back everytime.
      i also tried another folder but also no luck sam error comes back.

      does anyone know how to solve this ?

      On my laptop i have tested with the same settings and then runs fine same os also.

      ok hope to hear from someone.

      73's Danny PD0SNK

      __________ Informatie van ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versie van database viruskenmerken 4399 (20090905) __________

      Het bericht is gecontroleerd door ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

      http://www.eset.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 84 KB
      Danny

      I have included three Driver .DLL'S to replace existing .DLL'S
      Please Replace them, open the Registry editor, Expand WinFbb
      In Config make sure all Registry Values end with the correct folder or File,
      Expand the Housekeeping, Very Important:
      Activated set to 1
      ArchBull set to 1
      ArchPers Set to 1
      EpurWPUpdate C:\Program Files\WinFbb\Data\WP\WP.SYS

      If this doesn't solve your problem please contact me, I also have
      Files to be added to 7.01 to enable Bulletin Life Time Test.

      Please don't over look the Available BPQ-MailChat Server.

      Mike Melnik N9PMO
      Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

      Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2014
        After many years happily running WinFbb 7.01-35A I struck the same problem - starting up WinFbb gives the "root folder not found" message. Not even reinstalling FBB with a new configuration makes it go away. There must be some sort of damaged Windows DLL file that WinFbb relies on I expect.

        Anyone know where to start looking for this? I don't want to have to reinstall XP. Maybe there's even a utility that can check for such anomalies.

        Thanks,
        Gerard - VK2IO
      • Michael Melnik
        Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2014
          Gerard

          I don't have 7.01-35 installed anymore so I have to do this by
          memory,
          The registry is looking for the root directory of WinFbb, open the
          FBB folder
          C:\Program Files\WinFbb there is a configuration tool, open it up,
          you will see
          Tabs, what you are looking for is File or Folder tab.

          Once you get there, you will see all the directory paths, one or more
          is incorrect
          There is a scroll bar, make sure you check all file/folder paths &
          correct.

          If you don't find a problem, you will need to go to the registry
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, WinFbb, check the root path, make sure
          there
          Is no strange characters in the line, if there is right click on the
          line. Modify & correct.

          This usually happens when users have installed so called clean up
          programs
          Ea. CCleaner or similar, I have seen these program cause major
          problems too
          Many times, also exclude WinFbb & BPQ from your Antivirus and sypware
          programs.

          If you still have problems contact me off the reflector.

          There is also an Update that I had John G8BPQ write to solve some of
          the bugs
          In 7.01-35, it is available on my web site Packet Radio Software.

          Mike Melnik
          BPQ32 Group Moderator