RE: [BPQ32] Here is snap shot of a forward session FBB using BPQ32

  • Jerry - N9LYA
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009
    Yes ...

    I am sure its something I am doing wrong... 73 jerry

    Message 2 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009

      Hi Dave… I will try this… 73 jerry

      Remove the compression scheme from the forward and see if it goes away.

      Any ideas… This is killing my HF forwarding…

      Good signals in both directions..

      73 Jerry N9LYA

      [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - SWITCH-0] 11:40 Connect

      C 6 KQ0I

      MITDX:W9BBS- 7} Connected to KQ0I

      [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

      KQ0I Mailbox, QTH EN31EN.

      (1) KQ0I BBS>

      [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

      FA B KC2GMM USBBS MOARES 10936_N1NTP 1673

      FA B VE3WBZ WW YL 19269_VA3BAL 5302

      FA B CX2SA WW SATDIG 61634-CX2SA 8506

      FA B KC8FWD WW WP 21201_KC8FWD 338

      FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR M8JOK0NAG001 4067

      F> 54

      FS R!2000RRR

      Send compressed #25964 (45%)

      [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0]

      *** Timeout !!

      [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0] 11:42 Disconnect

    • D Calder
      Message 3 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009

        That will tell me where to look. I had that problem one time.

        Remove the compression scheme from the forward and see if it goes away.

        Any ideas… This is killing my HF forwarding…

        Good signals in both directions..

        73 Jerry N9LYA

        [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - SWITCH-0] 11:40 Connect

        C 6 KQ0I

        MITDX:W9BBS-7} Connected to KQ0I

        [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$]

        KQ0I Mailbox, QTH EN31EN.

        (1) KQ0I BBS>

        [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$]

        FA B KC2GMM USBBS MOARES 10936_N1NTP 1673

        FA B VE3WBZ WW YL 19269_VA3BAL 5302

        FA B CX2SA WW SATDIG 61634-CX2SA 8506

        FA B KC8FWD WW WP 21201_KC8FWD 338

        FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR M8JOK0NAG001 4067

        F> 54

        FS R!2000RRR

        Send compressed #25964 (45%)

        [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0]

        *** Timeout !!

        [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0] 11:42 Disconnect

      • Peter Mallett
        Message 4 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009
          Jerry - N9LYA wrote:

          Any ideas… This is killing my HF forwarding…

          Good signals in both directions..

          73 Jerry N9LYA

          [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - SWITCH-0] 11:40 Connect

          C 6 KQ0I

          MITDX:W9BBS- 7} Connected to KQ0I

          [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

          KQ0I Mailbox, QTH EN31EN.

          (1) KQ0I BBS>

          [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

          FA B KC2GMM USBBS MOARES 10936_N1NTP 1673

          FA B VE3WBZ WW YL 19269_VA3BAL 5302

          FA B CX2SA WW SATDIG 61634-CX2SA 8506

          FA B KC8FWD WW WP 21201_KC8FWD 338

          FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR M8JOK0NAG001 4067

          F> 54

          FS R!2000RRR

          Send compressed #25964 (45%)

          [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0]

          *** Timeout !!

          [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0] 11:42 Disconnect

          Hi Jerry,

                       Good signals does not mean you are being heard at the other end correctly.

          With what you have posted, it looks like KQ0I has issued the disconnect which would tend to suggest he is not hearing you correctly or not decoding the packets and thus after timeout, a disconnect arrives.

          My HF parms I use are, Maxframe 2, Paclen 40, putting in a TXTAIL is also a good idea for HF and make sure the TXD is long enough for your transmitter.

          Regards ..... Peter

        • Jerry - N9LYA
          Message 5 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009

            Hi Peter…

            He tells me I sound great and so does he on this end.. but then again my ears are not a TNC… lol

            I will look at that…

            I have shutdown FBB and using BPQBBS on my end to see what that might suggest…

            As another test I will move the TNC Back to MSYS for a day and see how it performs.. we Used to scream at times on HF…… We some times had a few issues.. we would iron out.. So I will assume we can iron these out…

            Thanks 73 jerry

            Any ideas… This is killing my HF forwarding…

            Good signals in both directions..

            73 Jerry N9LYA

            [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - SWITCH-0] 11:40 Connect

            C 6 KQ0I

            MITDX:W9BBS- 7} Connected to KQ0I

            [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

            KQ0I Mailbox, QTH EN31EN.

            (1) KQ0I BBS>

            [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

            FA B KC2GMM USBBS MOARES 10936_N1NTP 1673

            FA B VE3WBZ WW YL 19269_VA3BAL 5302

            FA B CX2SA WW SATDIG 61634-CX2SA 8506

            FA B KC8FWD WW WP 21201_KC8FWD 338

            FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR M8JOK0NAG001 4067

            F> 54

            FS R!2000RRR

            Send compressed #25964 (45%)

            [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0]

            *** Timeout !!

            [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0] 11:42 Disconnect

            Hi Jerry,

                         Good signals does not mean you are being heard at the other end correctly.

            With what you have posted, it looks like KQ0I has issued the disconnect which would tend to suggest he is not hearing you correctly or not decoding the packets and thus after timeout, a disconnect arrives.

            My HF parms I use are, Maxframe 2, Paclen 40, putting in a TXTAIL is also a good idea for HF and make sure the TXD is long enough for your transmitter.

            Regards ..... Peter

          • KG5KS - Kenny Thompson
            Message 6 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009
              Off topic.  Sure be glad when BPQ32 PBBS gets here!!

              Thank you
              73
              Kenny
              ARS KG5KS

              Any ideas… This is killing my HF forwarding…

              Good signals in both directions..

              73 Jerry N9LYA

              [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - SWITCH-0] 11:40 Connect

              C 6 KQ0I

              MITDX:W9BBS- 7} Connected to KQ0I

              [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

              KQ0I Mailbox, QTH EN31EN.

              (1) KQ0I BBS>

              [FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMR$ ]

              FA B KC2GMM USBBS MOARES 10936_N1NTP 1673

              FA B VE3WBZ WW YL 19269_VA3BAL 5302

              FA B CX2SA WW SATDIG 61634-CX2SA 8506

              FA B KC8FWD WW WP 21201_KC8FWD 338

              FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR M8JOK0NAG001 4067

              F> 54

              FS R!2000RRR

              Send compressed #25964 (45%)

              [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0]

              *** Timeout !!

              [PORT 1 (BPQ) -  2 - KQ0I-0] 11:42 Disconnect

              Hi Jerry,

                           Good signals does not mean you are being heard at the other end correctly.

              With what you have posted, it looks like KQ0I has issued the disconnect which would tend to suggest he is not hearing you correctly or not decoding the packets and thus after timeout, a disconnect arrives.

              My HF parms I use are, Maxframe 2, Paclen 40, putting in a TXTAIL is also a good idea for HF and make sure the TXD is long enough for your transmitter.

              Regards ..... Peter

            • Hank Oredson

                Message 8 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009

                  Hi Hank….  How you doing…

                  KQ0I and I just finished a forwarding session using BPQBBS… Have not passed one message using FBB but BPQBBS passed 4 in a few minutes with no problems…

                   I will ask Mark what he saw on his end and what he thought of the forwarding session..??

                  And ask him to look at his incoming connect timeout… When using FBB it would disconnect within about 30 seconds…

                  Thanks …. Will see how it does tomorrow and see if it continues to look good if so I will look at FBB and see what maybe messed up.. if not and BPQBBS does it I will pickup from there..

                  73 jerry n9lya

                  Message 9 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009

                    Just got an email from Mark…

                    He wants one… That would be BPQBBS as it looked great and performed very well…

                    73 jerry n9lya

                    Message 10 of 20 , Aug 28, 2009
                      Jerry

                      I set you TXTAIL way back, running a TXTAIL is a good way for packet to
                      collide
                      If the TNC is detecting AFSK Tones or FSK, once the packet is sent and the
                      TNC
                      No longer detects ether of the Above and your Transmitter is still keyed it
                      will
                      Chop beginning of the packet, any ways going on after setting your TXTAIL
                      back
                      Handshaking between you and KQ0I responded very nicely, prior to reducing
                      the
                      TXTAIL your system tried many times with very little success.

                      Now as much as everyone would like to believe their frequency readout is
                      correct
                      Most are not, never two radios the same, try shifting your VFO I bit while
                      making
                      The connection, NO RIT ether, this just makes things worse, SSB there is
                      very little
                      Room for error between frequencies, if XTRAL controlled good luck, and
                      remember BPQ
                      Is not compatible with Pactor.

                      Mike Melnik N9PMO
                      Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                      Message 11 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009

                        I forward with him each day with no issues on 20. He could have something different on 40.

                        I still think it’s your compression. I had the same issue some time back.

                        Message 12 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009

                          Hi Mike.. Thanks for the help… and adjustments…

                          Sounds like you may have improved things..  We will see how it does today with BPQBBS and may revert back to FBB to see if it improved.

                          Prior to that change the biggest improvement came when I switched to using BPQBBS on my end.

                          KQ0I constantly checks our Frequency about once a week using MIXW we are pretty much dead on.+- 10hz max.

                          With what I am setting up as soon as my PK232MBX arrives will allow Pactor to run on this machine with NO NEED for compatibility with BPQ.. as the software has a Packet section that will be null modem linked to BPQ ..

                          73 Jerry

                          I will try to turn off compression and see if that makes things different…

                          Want to try it later once I know KQ0I is up and watching the transfer..

                          Message 13 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009

                            Mike…   It would be a nice addition some time if BPQ could so Pactor I…

                            Then I could remove the software I am setting up…  If it were similarly done so..

                            73 Jerry N9LYA

                            Message 14 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009

                              May have to put off testing… Seems RTTY is once again taken over the entire sub band…

                              Joy…

                              Message 15 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009
                                Jerry

                                As Dave pointed out, compression may be a problem, set the N from 15 to N 0
                                In the KQ0I forwarding file

                                Mike Melnik N9PMO
                                Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                              • james@wu3v.net
                                Message 16 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009
                                  Or maybe the SCS boxes I ran a 1Mb of traffic daily to the caribbean from Louisiana in rhe 1990,s with P2

                                  Jim WU3V

                                  via BlackBerry

                                  From: "Jerry - N9LYA"
                                  Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 08:29:25 -0400
                                  To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>

                                  Message 17 of 20 , Aug 29, 2009

                                    I will try that…

                                    But changing to BPQBBS and with your adjustment to TXT We have been doing very well…

                                    I will turn FBB back on and try the compression N to 0 and see…

                                    I have the Pactor 1 software installed and talking to the PK232.. Just have to get the correct TNC cable for my Icom 746 pro and adjust audio levels and will be good to go on the NTSD system. As 9RDN

                                    73 jerry n9lya

                                    I have right now shutdown Airmail, and FBB

                                    I may end up sticking with just BPQBBS and running with it…

                                    I have not moved this to BPQBBS Group because (BPQBBS has never been an issue with this problem)  It was believed to be a BPQ32 or FBB problem..  Now that it is no longer a need to fix what appears to maybe settings in FBB …   I will try the N 0 and then probably stick with bpqbbs anyway…