setup packet radio

  • dennev@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5 10:50 AM
      Hello to all:

      Would someone shed some light on how to setup a packet switch. I have a RMS PACKET Server k8dlv-10 setup. My equipment on hand is a Kenwood D710, a D700, two antennas, a Diamond X50 and a Diamond 500HNA. I also have two kantronics KPC3+ TNC'S all for packet use. Thanks for your patience.

      dennis lee valentine, k8dlv
    • Ron Stordahl
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 11:38 AM
        The first step would be to install the software by executing the BPQ32 installer and read the installation document.  Perhaps you have already done that.

        The installed package provides a folder with a number of example configurations corresponding to varying applications.  You may be able to select one of these and edit in necessary changes, such as your call, alias, messages to display, etc.

        After you have done this you will be in a better  position to ask questions and get good answers in this forum.

        Ron, N5IN

        Would someone shed some light on how to setup a packet switch. I have a RMS PACKET Server k8dlv-10 setup. My equipment on hand is a Kenwood D710, a D700, two antennas, a Diamond X50 and a Diamond 500HNA. I also have two kantronics KPC3+ TNC'S all for packet use. Thanks for your patience.

        dennis lee valentine, k8dlv

      • Jim WU3V
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6 4:31 AM
          Dennis,

          Send me a message off list and I will send the config files and rms screen
          dumps

          Jim wu3v