Re: [BPQ32] ok.. have it running but need dx spots now

  • kt4wo67@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
      Tnx Mark,
      not running any software..I thought I had read somewhere in the docs that
      I could Link locals strait in from my node via the net to someone elses
      cluster.
      We have a local node that has a VERY weak link to a cluster in
      Hendersonville, NC
      I have a X1J4 node on a local mtn that links to COWDX that is the link to
      JODX that is the link to HVLDX(the cluster) ..wow .that was a mouthful.. hee
      hee
      I would like to provide an alt link to "a" cluster somewhere... via my node
      on the mtn
      to my house (BPQ Node) to the net to a remote cluster....
      does that make sense?????
      I ran Clusse and BPQ about 13-15 years ago..but have been out of this game
      for
      a LONG time(been on HF digi modes,MFSK,ALE400,etc)
      I am still reading the docs..and some of this is starting to come back to me
      now.
      any help would be great.
      tnx de Trip - KT4WO
      NDMR:KT4WO-5(X1J4 - Mtn top)
      NDMRDX:KT4WO-6(BPQ-at home)

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
        yes Ron,,, thats it,,,still reading it but the UDP port may be a problem..
        I use a AT&T laptop connect card that feeds my home network...I have
        found that AT&T blocks all but the most common ports...Echolink wont
        even work(not a firewall issue on my end).
        I'll keep reading and get back to ya..
        tnx de Trip - KT4WO

        > If your intention is to provide DX spots via radio to your local area read
        > this: http://dxspots.com/BPQ32_Remote_ReadMe_v2r1.htm
        >
        > If this is what you have in mind we can set this up.
        >
        > Ron, N5IN
        >
        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
        >> like to
        >> link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
        >> what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
        >>
        >> Trip - KT4WO
        >>
        >> ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
        >>
        >> kt4wo67@...

      • Mark Harloff
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
          I didn't realize you had that on your site. Good
          reference, thanks Ron.

          - Mark K2CAN

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
            Replied direct to sender.

            Mike Melnik N9PMO
            Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
              I have recently setup an AR-Cluster node and have several remoter "RF" ports to configure. I would like to work with you so we cna figure this out together. The cluster telnet is dxc.k4ea.net.

              Neal, K4EA

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:

              > I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
              > like to
              > link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
              > what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
              >
              > Trip - KT4WO
              >
              > ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
              >
              > kt4wo67@...

            • Ron Stordahl
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                Neal

                I see your AR-Cluster is up and running, I can access it by telnet.  So you seem to be getting dx spots.....

                As to BPQ32, in the installation directory there are a number of example configurations in the Examples subdirectory.  'Medium' would be a good starting point, copy those files to the main directory, edit to put in your alias:call's and recompile by running bpqcfg.exe.  Maybe you have already done this....we need more information to help you.

                Ron, N5IN

                I have recently setup an AR-Cluster node and have several remoter "RF" ports to configure. I would like to work with you so we cna figure this out together. The cluster telnet is dxc.k4ea.net.

                Neal, K4EA

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, <kt4wo67@... > wrote:

                > I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
                > like to
                > link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
                > what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
                >
                > Trip - KT4WO
                >
                > ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
                >
                > kt4wo67@...

              • KT4WO
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                  Tnx all who have replied...I am working with Mike off group and
                  have most working,,, but,,, ATT is blocking, what seems, is every port
                  I have tried...I will keep the group uptodate...camping today..so..ill start
                  in
                  on again sat.
                  Trip - KT4WO

                  >I have recently setup an AR-Cluster node and have several remoter "RF"
                  >ports to configure. I would like to work with you so we cna figure this
                  >out together. The cluster telnet is dxc.k4ea.net.
                  >
                  > Neal, K4EA
                  >
                  > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
                  >> like to
                  >> link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
                  >> what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
                  >>
                  >> Trip - KT4WO
                  >>
                  >> ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
                  >>
                  >> kt4wo67@...

                • nsulmeyer
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                    Ron,

                    Perhaps you misunderstood. I have two locals here with rf ports. (i.e. paket tnc with radios) that were previously connected to another node by an rf linked. I would like to use those rf ports as additional access points to my cluster node. I would like to find someone with a rf port (like Trip) to link with my node so I will know what to do with the to locals here who know nothing about any of this stuff.

                    Neal, K4EA