Re: ok.. have it running but need dx spots now

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
      If your intention is to provide DX spots via radio to your local area read this: http://dxspots.com/BPQ32_Remote_ReadMe_v2r1.htm

      If this is what you have in mind we can set this up.

      Ron, N5IN

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:

      > I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
      > like to
      > link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
      > what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
      >
      > Trip - KT4WO
      >
      > ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
      >
      > kt4wo67@...

    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
        What type of DX Cluster software are you running
        Trip ?

        I am running AR Cluster here and you are welcome
        to link in.
        Send me your details off the group and I will
        set your call up here.

        73, Mark K2CAN

      • kt4wo67@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
          Tnx Mark,
          not running any software..I thought I had read somewhere in the docs that
          I could Link locals strait in from my node via the net to someone elses
          cluster.
          We have a local node that has a VERY weak link to a cluster in
          Hendersonville, NC
          I have a X1J4 node on a local mtn that links to COWDX that is the link to
          JODX that is the link to HVLDX(the cluster) ..wow .that was a mouthful.. hee
          hee
          I would like to provide an alt link to "a" cluster somewhere... via my node
          on the mtn
          to my house (BPQ Node) to the net to a remote cluster....
          does that make sense?????
          I ran Clusse and BPQ about 13-15 years ago..but have been out of this game
          for
          a LONG time(been on HF digi modes,MFSK,ALE400,etc)
          I am still reading the docs..and some of this is starting to come back to me
          now.
          any help would be great.
          tnx de Trip - KT4WO
          NDMR:KT4WO-5(X1J4 - Mtn top)
          NDMRDX:KT4WO-6(BPQ-at home)

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
            yes Ron,,, thats it,,,still reading it but the UDP port may be a problem..
            I use a AT&T laptop connect card that feeds my home network...I have
            found that AT&T blocks all but the most common ports...Echolink wont
            even work(not a firewall issue on my end).
            I'll keep reading and get back to ya..
            tnx de Trip - KT4WO

            > If your intention is to provide DX spots via radio to your local area read
            > this: http://dxspots.com/BPQ32_Remote_ReadMe_v2r1.htm
            >
            > If this is what you have in mind we can set this up.
            >
            > Ron, N5IN
            >
            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
            >> like to
            >> link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
            >> what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
            >>
            >> Trip - KT4WO
            >>
            >> ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
            >>
            >> kt4wo67@...

          • Mark Harloff
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
              I didn't realize you had that on your site. Good
              reference, thanks Ron.

              - Mark K2CAN

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 4, 2009
                Replied direct to sender.

                Mike Melnik N9PMO
                Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                  I have recently setup an AR-Cluster node and have several remoter "RF" ports to configure. I would like to work with you so we cna figure this out together. The cluster telnet is dxc.k4ea.net.

                  Neal, K4EA

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:

                  > I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
                  > like to
                  > link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
                  > what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
                  >
                  > Trip - KT4WO
                  >
                  > ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
                  >
                  > kt4wo67@...

                • Ron Stordahl
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                    Neal

                    I see your AR-Cluster is up and running, I can access it by telnet.  So you seem to be getting dx spots.....

                    As to BPQ32, in the installation directory there are a number of example configurations in the Examples subdirectory.  'Medium' would be a good starting point, copy those files to the main directory, edit to put in your alias:call's and recompile by running bpqcfg.exe.  Maybe you have already done this....we need more information to help you.

                    Ron, N5IN

                    I have recently setup an AR-Cluster node and have several remoter "RF" ports to configure. I would like to work with you so we cna figure this out together. The cluster telnet is dxc.k4ea.net.

                    Neal, K4EA

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, <kt4wo67@... > wrote:

                    > I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
                    > like to
                    > link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
                    > what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
                    >
                    > Trip - KT4WO
                    >
                    > ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
                    >
                    > kt4wo67@...

                  • KT4WO
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                      Tnx all who have replied...I am working with Mike off group and
                      have most working,,, but,,, ATT is blocking, what seems, is every port
                      I have tried...I will keep the group uptodate...camping today..so..ill start
                      in
                      on again sat.
                      Trip - KT4WO

                      >I have recently setup an AR-Cluster node and have several remoter "RF"
                      >ports to configure. I would like to work with you so we cna figure this
                      >out together. The cluster telnet is dxc.k4ea.net.
                      >
                      > Neal, K4EA
                      >
                      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, <kt4wo67@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> I have the newest BPQ running into a kiss tnc at the house...now I would
                      >> like to
                      >> link via the internet to someones DX cluster...who allowes that and
                      >> what to I need to do next..here is a copy of my cong file.
                      >>
                      >> Trip - KT4WO
                      >>
                      >> ps..yes..im still reading the manual..lol
                      >>
                      >> kt4wo67@...

                    • nsulmeyer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
                        Ron,

                        Perhaps you misunderstood. I have two locals here with rf ports. (i.e. paket tnc with radios) that were previously connected to another node by an rf linked. I would like to use those rf ports as additional access points to my cluster node. I would like to find someone with a rf port (like Trip) to link with my node so I will know what to do with the to locals here who know nothing about any of this stuff.

                        Neal, K4EA