Re: BPQ BBS

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009
      There will be a public beta soon, but at the moment there is a crashing problem which has required extra debug code and use of Microsoft's Debug View program to trap. Once this problem is resolved a public beta will be released...hopefully just a few days.

      Ron, N5IN

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Cochran" <WC4J@...> wrote:

      > There was mention on a bbs release and I've seen tidbits on beta
      > testing.
      >
      > I am in a pickle my local area ARES group has lost there bbs as the
      > hosting club decided to put up a d-star repeater.
      >
      > I as the local packet guru have been asked to build a new system.
      >
      > I do not want to have to run dos or find a old win 95 machine to do this
      > but time is a issue. ]
      >
      > Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test program so
      > I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the final
      > release comes out?
      >

      > Just a simple request from a loyal packet user.
      >

      > Brian Cochran, WC4J
      >
      > 703-965-6011
      >
      > Wc4j@... <mailto:Wc4j@...>
      >
      > DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J
      >
      > ICS Certified
      >
      > 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241 242 244 275 317
      >

      > I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
      > a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
      >
      > -- Winston Churchill

    • Brian Cochran
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009
        Cool Thanks
        Brian WC4J

        ]

        > Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test
        program so
        > I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the
        final
        > release comes out?
        >

        > Just a
        simple request from a loyal packet user.

        > Brian Cochran, WC4J

        703-965-6011

        > Wc4j@... <mailto:Wc4j@ ...>
        >
        > DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J
        >
        > ICS
        Certified

        > 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241
        242 244 275 317

        > I contend that for a nation
        to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
        > a man standing in a bucket
        and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

        > -- Winston
        Churchill

      • Jack Chomley
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009
          Is there anywhere where I can find out any information on the BPQ BBS program? I sure am interested in its potential.

          73 Jack VK4JRC
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
            Jack:

            The BPQ-BBS is A 3 part program, The BBS forwarding setup is
            similar to Winpack as far as the Forwarding is setup,
            BBS (USERS) TO Calls: AT Calls: Connect Script is
            Capable of Multi Connections for multiple node Connections,
            H-Route, Max Size to send Max Size to Receive and
            FBB Max Block, all editing is done in program it self
            No files to edit like FBB, Forwarding Protocol
            is Plain ASCII, FBB Compressed And B2 for the use of
            WL2K Programs like RMS.

            For RF and AXIP BPQ32 Must be used, BPQ Telnet
            Server will work as before, forwarding
            Has two options, 1 will Auto forward when message is to be delivered,
            A second option Same as FBB (R) Command will Poll the Partner Station per
            User.

            The second part of the BPQ-BBS is the ISP function allowing
            E-Mail to be sent to and From the BBS, an E-Mail host will
            be needed to keep the BBS Call sign correct, an example
            Would be n9pmo.com, you can setup a separate E-Mail Account
            with your ISP Server how ever The @Call Sign will be replaced
            with the Senders E-Mail Address, this is an Example of
            Using my E-Mail Account, n9pmo@..., if the connecting
            station was to send an E-Mail from the BBS and the connecting
            station in this case is my wife's call sign kb9jie the E-Mail
            would be Sent out as kb9jie@..., the problem here would be
            when replying to the E-Mail It would be address to kb9jie@...
            that does not exist, using a E-Mail Host the E-Mail
            would be kb9jie@... for the reply.

            There is also an option for the BBS to connect to outlook express for
            SMTP/POP again can be sent to/from the BBS.

            The third part is the BPQ-CHAT Server, this is a Multi connect
            Multi user server, you Can have a large Chat Room if you would like,
            or one can create a Chat Topic for Independent Chats.

            If you have further questions please let me know.

            Mike Melnik N9PMO
            Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

            Is there anywhere where I can find out any information on the BPQ BBS
            program? I sure am interested in its potential.

            73 Jack VK4JRC
          • Bill V WA7NWP
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
              > The second part of the BPQ-BBS is the ISP function allowing
              > E-Mail to be sent to and From the BBS, an E-Mail host will
              > be needed to keep the BBS Call sign correct, an example
              > Would be n9pmo.com, you can setup a separate E-Mail Account
              > with your ISP Server how ever The @Call Sign will be replaced
              > with the Senders E-Mail Address, this is an Example of
              > Using my E-Mail Account, n9pmo@

              (personal email accounts removed to protect from the scum spammers...)

              I've been experimenting with this functionality on JNOS using GMAil.
              There's a magic "+" trick in an gmail TO address where everything
              after the + is ignored. Thus it should be possible to send Email to
              BBS users with something like: REDBBS+n9pmo@.... My JNOS
              box would POP the REDBBS messages and be smart enough to direct the
              "REDBBS+n9pmo" message straight to the "n9pmo" user.

              Something like that make work here for the new BPQ BBS. The GMAIL
              accounts are certainly readily available, use standard Internet Email
              technologies and have good spam filtering.

              73
              Bill - WA7NWP
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
                Hi Bill

                Well first I have to say congratulations in making JNOS even work, I worked
                with it as an experiment
                For a few weeks and never could get the Telnet to work, so I but it to bed
                Hi.

                Mike Melnik N9PMO
                Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 7, 2009

                  > Jack:
                  >
                  > The BPQ-BBS is A 3 part program <SNIP>

                  Thanks Mike, this gives me a start point to work from.
                  Its all part of a learning process! Looking at your website, too.

                  73 Jack VK4JRC