Re: [BPQ32] BPQ32_410j_2009Aug03 just released!

  • Peter Mallett
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2009
      Ron Stordahl wrote:
      Drag the window wider and it won't wrap.  But it's possible it is wrapping a bit to soon.

      Ron N5IN

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2009
        Peter Mallett wrote:
        Ron Stordahl wrote:
        Drag the window wider and it won't wrap.  But it's possible it is wrapping a bit to soon.

        Ron N5IN

        I have installed the 410j version and noticed that when doing a Nodes
        list from the BPQ Terminal, the node lines are double spaced ?

        Apart from that, I haven`t noticed anything else.

        Regards ..... Peter

        Hi Ron,

                   Must be getting old, never thought of that, Hi.

        It fixed the problem and strange enough was that it is now ok with the smaller window.

        Regards ..... Peter

        Hi Ron and all,

                                In playing I found that the Nodes list is double spaced on a normal BPQ Terminal window and if, as you say, drag the window out to full size then fixes it.

        When you take the window back to the original size and do another Nodes list, the double spacing has gone, however, if you log out and run BPQ Terminal again, the double spacing reappears again till the window is dragged out and back again.

        This is on Windows98se so may be different on WindowsXP.

        Regards ..... Peter

      • Brian Cochran
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009

          There was mention on a bbs release and I’ve seen tidbits on beta testing.

          I am in a pickle my local area ARES group has lost there bbs as the hosting club decided to put up a d-star repeater.

          I as the local packet guru have been asked to build  a new system.

          I do not want to have to run dos or find a old win 95 machine to do this but time is a issue. ]

          Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test program so I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the final release comes out?

          Just a simple request from a loyal packet user.

           Brian Cochran, WC4J

           703-965-6011

           Wc4j@...

           DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J

           ICS Certified

           100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241 242 244 275 317

          I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

          -- Winston Churchill

        • n5in_ron
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009
            There will be a public beta soon, but at the moment there is a crashing problem which has required extra debug code and use of Microsoft's Debug View program to trap. Once this problem is resolved a public beta will be released...hopefully just a few days.

            Ron, N5IN

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Cochran" <WC4J@...> wrote:

            > There was mention on a bbs release and I've seen tidbits on beta
            > testing.
            >
            > I am in a pickle my local area ARES group has lost there bbs as the
            > hosting club decided to put up a d-star repeater.
            >
            > I as the local packet guru have been asked to build a new system.
            >
            > I do not want to have to run dos or find a old win 95 machine to do this
            > but time is a issue. ]
            >
            > Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test program so
            > I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the final
            > release comes out?
            >

            > Just a simple request from a loyal packet user.
            >

            > Brian Cochran, WC4J
            >
            > 703-965-6011
            >
            > Wc4j@... <mailto:Wc4j@...>
            >
            > DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J
            >
            > ICS Certified
            >
            > 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241 242 244 275 317
            >

            > I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
            > a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
            >
            > -- Winston Churchill

          • Brian Cochran
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009
              Cool Thanks
              Brian WC4J

              ]

              > Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test
              program so
              > I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the
              final
              > release comes out?
              >

              > Just a
              simple request from a loyal packet user.

              > Brian Cochran, WC4J

              703-965-6011

              > Wc4j@... <mailto:Wc4j@ ...>
              >
              > DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J
              >
              > ICS
              Certified

              > 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241
              242 244 275 317

              > I contend that for a nation
              to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
              > a man standing in a bucket
              and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

              > -- Winston
              Churchill

            • Jack Chomley
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 4, 2009
                Is there anywhere where I can find out any information on the BPQ BBS program? I sure am interested in its potential.

                73 Jack VK4JRC
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
                  Jack:

                  The BPQ-BBS is A 3 part program, The BBS forwarding setup is
                  similar to Winpack as far as the Forwarding is setup,
                  BBS (USERS) TO Calls: AT Calls: Connect Script is
                  Capable of Multi Connections for multiple node Connections,
                  H-Route, Max Size to send Max Size to Receive and
                  FBB Max Block, all editing is done in program it self
                  No files to edit like FBB, Forwarding Protocol
                  is Plain ASCII, FBB Compressed And B2 for the use of
                  WL2K Programs like RMS.

                  For RF and AXIP BPQ32 Must be used, BPQ Telnet
                  Server will work as before, forwarding
                  Has two options, 1 will Auto forward when message is to be delivered,
                  A second option Same as FBB (R) Command will Poll the Partner Station per
                  User.

                  The second part of the BPQ-BBS is the ISP function allowing
                  E-Mail to be sent to and From the BBS, an E-Mail host will
                  be needed to keep the BBS Call sign correct, an example
                  Would be n9pmo.com, you can setup a separate E-Mail Account
                  with your ISP Server how ever The @Call Sign will be replaced
                  with the Senders E-Mail Address, this is an Example of
                  Using my E-Mail Account, n9pmo@..., if the connecting
                  station was to send an E-Mail from the BBS and the connecting
                  station in this case is my wife's call sign kb9jie the E-Mail
                  would be Sent out as kb9jie@..., the problem here would be
                  when replying to the E-Mail It would be address to kb9jie@...
                  that does not exist, using a E-Mail Host the E-Mail
                  would be kb9jie@... for the reply.

                  There is also an option for the BBS to connect to outlook express for
                  SMTP/POP again can be sent to/from the BBS.

                  The third part is the BPQ-CHAT Server, this is a Multi connect
                  Multi user server, you Can have a large Chat Room if you would like,
                  or one can create a Chat Topic for Independent Chats.

                  If you have further questions please let me know.

                  Mike Melnik N9PMO
                  Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                  Is there anywhere where I can find out any information on the BPQ BBS
                  program? I sure am interested in its potential.

                  73 Jack VK4JRC
                • Bill V WA7NWP
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
                    > The second part of the BPQ-BBS is the ISP function allowing
                    > E-Mail to be sent to and From the BBS, an E-Mail host will
                    > be needed to keep the BBS Call sign correct, an example
                    > Would be n9pmo.com, you can setup a separate E-Mail Account
                    > with your ISP Server how ever The @Call Sign will be replaced
                    > with the Senders E-Mail Address, this is an Example of
                    > Using my E-Mail Account, n9pmo@

                    (personal email accounts removed to protect from the scum spammers...)

                    I've been experimenting with this functionality on JNOS using GMAil.
                    There's a magic "+" trick in an gmail TO address where everything
                    after the + is ignored. Thus it should be possible to send Email to
                    BBS users with something like: REDBBS+n9pmo@.... My JNOS
                    box would POP the REDBBS messages and be smart enough to direct the
                    "REDBBS+n9pmo" message straight to the "n9pmo" user.

                    Something like that make work here for the new BPQ BBS. The GMAIL
                    accounts are certainly readily available, use standard Internet Email
                    technologies and have good spam filtering.

                    73
                    Bill - WA7NWP
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
                      Hi Bill

                      Well first I have to say congratulations in making JNOS even work, I worked
                      with it as an experiment
                      For a few weeks and never could get the Telnet to work, so I but it to bed
                      Hi.

                      Mike Melnik N9PMO
                      Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 7, 2009

                        > Jack:
                        >
                        > The BPQ-BBS is A 3 part program <SNIP>

                        Thanks Mike, this gives me a start point to work from.
                        Its all part of a learning process! Looking at your website, too.

                        73 Jack VK4JRC