Latest Release

  • ki4ncw
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3 2:29 PM
      I just did the upgrade. Worked perfect. Great job, thanks.

      Bill
      KI4NCW
    • kj6ix@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 19, 2010
        Help ! Im down !!

        I was doing the install and it came up
        "Configuration File Preprocessor for Version 4.10k Aug 2009
        could not open BPQCFG.BIN"

        Also my Kampactor.cfg file is not there ?

        any clues ??

        the only thing running was my dyndns

        I had closed all other programs ?? Help !

        Will not let me do a bpqcfg.exe
      • kj6ix@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 19, 2010
          I had to do a uninstall and a install to get the program up and running again !

          Still no kampactor.cfg file ?
        • ke7xo
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 19, 2010
            so it is running now ?????

            On 1/19/2010 6:54 PM, kj6ix@... wrote:

            I had to do a uninstall and a install to get the program up and running again !

            Still no kampactor.cfg file ?

          • DALE YANZ
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 19, 2010
              Yes it is up and running again ... Thanks Rich

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
                Sorry, the sample pactor config files are not in the release, but are in the documentation. (Documents\www.cantab.net\users\john.wiseman\Documents\KAMPactor.htm).

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
                  Thanks again John. The documentation from you and Rich is great ! 73's

                  I had to do a uninstall and a install to get the program up and running again !

                  Still no kampactor.cfg file ?

                • Ron Stordahl
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
                    Dale, KJ6IX

                    The installer would not have deleted your existing KAMPactor.cfg file.  I have retested that here by running the installer and my existing KAMPactor.cfg file is still in c:\program files\bpq32 untouched.

                    In any case I certainly would like to know what went wrong!

                    A fresh install would not have included a default KAMPactor.cfg nor SCSPactor.cfg, but you had an existing c:\program files\bpq32 install which was working and the installer would have just performed an update leaving your existing configuration intact.

                    So I am puzzled..can you shed any light on this?

                    Ron, N5IN

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 20, 2010
                      Ron

                      I have no idea of what happened to it but I did place the KAMPactor.cfg file in the program to correct this issue. Working on getting
                      my pactor on hf running.

                      Thanks Dale

                      I had to do a uninstall and a install to get the program up and running again !

                      Still no kampactor.cfg file ?

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 9, 2012
                        Ron there appears to be some confusion over the latest installer listed in the Group files section.

                        The June 8th file that you uploaded shows the installer as being BPQ32_5.2.6.1_20120404 which of course is the previous release.

                        I gather others have down loaded OK is that because they used yahoo.com whereas I am registered and use yahoo.ca
                      • n5in_ron
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 9, 2012
                          In the group's file section you will find 5.2.6.1_20120404 which is the prior release. It is true that I didn't upload it until June 8, but it is still the April 4th release. Yes I know it is confusing!

                          In the future Ill post the current release in split format to the files section at the same time as updating links on the welcome page to the unsplit format on John's and my servers and hope that nobody bothers with the split format for the current release.

                          The only reason for the split format is that Yahoo limits the file size to 5MB and we have exceeded that.

                          I suppose it is possible that someone might want an old release, although probably not as far back as is currently being provided.

                          Ron, AE5E