BPQ32_410j_2009Aug03 just released!

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3 1:34 PM
      BPQ32_410j_2009Aug03 just released!

      A new release, BPQ32_410j_2009Aug03 is now available on the BPQ32 Yahoo Group site. The links are on the home page following the description of the group at:

      The BPQ32 Installer automatically selects the update mode if BPQ32 exists in the selected install location and retains your current configuration while updating all the program components.

      Description of changes from the release document:

      BPQ32_410j_2009Aug03:

      BPQTelnetServer.exe to 2.1.6.2: Remove entry from Disconnect User Dialog when session closes. Fix reception of multiple backspaces in the same packet.

      BPQAxip.dll to 1.15.1.2: Corrected time display in AXIP MHeard window.

      BPQTerminal.exe to 2.0.6.3: Added option to send "*** Disconnected" upon disconnect. Added linewrap code. Added option to disable monitoring of NODES broadcasts.

      BPQ32.dll to 4.10.10.5: Fix tidying of window list when program crashed. Added Max Nodes to Stats display. Don't update APPLnALIAS with received NODES info. Fix MHeard display in other timezones. Fixed possible crash when processing NETROM type Zero frames (e.g. NRR). Basic IMP3 Stuff. Added extra diagnostics to Lost Process detection. Process Netrom Record Route Frames.

      The installer now adds the folder c:\ProgramFiles\BPQ32\BPQMailChat. This will be the future location for BPQMailChat, John Wiseman's new BBS system which is still in beta. Beta testers should ensure that they have installed the beta test software in that directory.

      Thanks to John Wiseman G8BPQ/GM8BPQ for his continuing work to enhance BPQ32

      73 Ron Stordahl N5IN
    • Peter Mallett
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3 6:58 PM
        n5in_ron wrote:
        > BPQ32_410j_2009Aug03 just released!

        Hi Ron, John

        I have installed the 410j version and noticed that when doing a Nodes
        list from the BPQ Terminal, the node lines are double spaced ?

        Apart from that, I haven`t noticed anything else.

        Regards ..... Peter
      • Ron Stordahl
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3 8:01 PM
          Drag the window wider and it won't wrap.  But it's possible it is wrapping a bit to soon.

          Ron N5IN

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3 9:10 PM
            Ron Stordahl wrote:
            Drag the window wider and it won't wrap.  But it's possible it is wrapping a bit to soon.

            Ron N5IN

            I have installed the 410j version and noticed that when doing a Nodes
            list from the BPQ Terminal, the node lines are double spaced ?

            Apart from that, I haven`t noticed anything else.

            Regards ..... Peter

            Hi Ron,

                       Must be getting old, never thought of that, Hi.

            It fixed the problem and strange enough was that it is now ok with the smaller window.

            Regards ..... Peter

          • Peter Mallett
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3 9:25 PM
              Peter Mallett wrote:
              Ron Stordahl wrote:
              Drag the window wider and it won't wrap.  But it's possible it is wrapping a bit to soon.

              Ron N5IN

              I have installed the 410j version and noticed that when doing a Nodes
              list from the BPQ Terminal, the node lines are double spaced ?

              Apart from that, I haven`t noticed anything else.

              Regards ..... Peter

              Hi Ron,

                         Must be getting old, never thought of that, Hi.

              It fixed the problem and strange enough was that it is now ok with the smaller window.

              Regards ..... Peter

              Hi Ron and all,

                                      In playing I found that the Nodes list is double spaced on a normal BPQ Terminal window and if, as you say, drag the window out to full size then fixes it.

              When you take the window back to the original size and do another Nodes list, the double spacing has gone, however, if you log out and run BPQ Terminal again, the double spacing reappears again till the window is dragged out and back again.

              This is on Windows98se so may be different on WindowsXP.

              Regards ..... Peter

            • Brian Cochran
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 4 7:39 AM

                There was mention on a bbs release and I’ve seen tidbits on beta testing.

                I am in a pickle my local area ARES group has lost there bbs as the hosting club decided to put up a d-star repeater.

                I as the local packet guru have been asked to build  a new system.

                I do not want to have to run dos or find a old win 95 machine to do this but time is a issue. ]

                Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test program so I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the final release comes out?

                Just a simple request from a loyal packet user.

                 Brian Cochran, WC4J

                 703-965-6011

                 Wc4j@...

                 DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J

                 ICS Certified

                 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241 242 244 275 317

                I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

                -- Winston Churchill

              • n5in_ron
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 4 9:32 AM
                  There will be a public beta soon, but at the moment there is a crashing problem which has required extra debug code and use of Microsoft's Debug View program to trap. Once this problem is resolved a public beta will be released...hopefully just a few days.

                  Ron, N5IN

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Cochran" <WC4J@...> wrote:

                  > There was mention on a bbs release and I've seen tidbits on beta
                  > testing.
                  >
                  > I am in a pickle my local area ARES group has lost there bbs as the
                  > hosting club decided to put up a d-star repeater.
                  >
                  > I as the local packet guru have been asked to build a new system.
                  >
                  > I do not want to have to run dos or find a old win 95 machine to do this
                  > but time is a issue. ]
                  >
                  > Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test program so
                  > I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the final
                  > release comes out?
                  >

                  > Just a simple request from a loyal packet user.
                  >

                  > Brian Cochran, WC4J
                  >
                  > 703-965-6011
                  >
                  > Wc4j@... <mailto:Wc4j@...>
                  >
                  > DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J
                  >
                  > ICS Certified
                  >
                  > 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241 242 244 275 317
                  >

                  > I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
                  > a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
                  >
                  > -- Winston Churchill

                • Brian Cochran
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 4 10:21 AM
                    Cool Thanks
                    Brian WC4J

                    ]

                    > Do we have a release date? Or can one get into the beta test
                    program so
                    > I can keep the guys happy and not have to rebuild after the
                    final
                    > release comes out?
                    >

                    > Just a
                    simple request from a loyal packet user.

                    > Brian Cochran, WC4J

                    703-965-6011

                    > Wc4j@... <mailto:Wc4j@ ...>
                    >
                    > DX Telnet Cluster dxc.wc4j.net RF 144.910 WC4J
                    >
                    > ICS
                    Certified

                    > 100 200 300 400 700 800 1 7 22 154 208 230 235 241
                    242 244 275 317

                    > I contend that for a nation
                    to try to tax itself into prosperity is like
                    > a man standing in a bucket
                    and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

                    > -- Winston
                    Churchill

                  • Jack Chomley
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 4 2:10 PM
                      Is there anywhere where I can find out any information on the BPQ BBS program? I sure am interested in its potential.

                      73 Jack VK4JRC
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 5 10:00 AM
                        Jack:

                        The BPQ-BBS is A 3 part program, The BBS forwarding setup is
                        similar to Winpack as far as the Forwarding is setup,
                        BBS (USERS) TO Calls: AT Calls: Connect Script is
                        Capable of Multi Connections for multiple node Connections,
                        H-Route, Max Size to send Max Size to Receive and
                        FBB Max Block, all editing is done in program it self
                        No files to edit like FBB, Forwarding Protocol
                        is Plain ASCII, FBB Compressed And B2 for the use of
                        WL2K Programs like RMS.

                        For RF and AXIP BPQ32 Must be used, BPQ Telnet
                        Server will work as before, forwarding
                        Has two options, 1 will Auto forward when message is to be delivered,
                        A second option Same as FBB (R) Command will Poll the Partner Station per
                        User.

                        The second part of the BPQ-BBS is the ISP function allowing
                        E-Mail to be sent to and From the BBS, an E-Mail host will
                        be needed to keep the BBS Call sign correct, an example
                        Would be n9pmo.com, you can setup a separate E-Mail Account
                        with your ISP Server how ever The @Call Sign will be replaced
                        with the Senders E-Mail Address, this is an Example of
                        Using my E-Mail Account, n9pmo@..., if the connecting
                        station was to send an E-Mail from the BBS and the connecting
                        station in this case is my wife's call sign kb9jie the E-Mail
                        would be Sent out as kb9jie@..., the problem here would be
                        when replying to the E-Mail It would be address to kb9jie@...
                        that does not exist, using a E-Mail Host the E-Mail
                        would be kb9jie@... for the reply.

                        There is also an option for the BBS to connect to outlook express for
                        SMTP/POP again can be sent to/from the BBS.

                        The third part is the BPQ-CHAT Server, this is a Multi connect
                        Multi user server, you Can have a large Chat Room if you would like,
                        or one can create a Chat Topic for Independent Chats.

                        If you have further questions please let me know.

                        Mike Melnik N9PMO
                        Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                        Is there anywhere where I can find out any information on the BPQ BBS
                        program? I sure am interested in its potential.

                        73 Jack VK4JRC
                      • Bill V WA7NWP
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 5 11:02 AM
                          > The second part of the BPQ-BBS is the ISP function allowing
                          > E-Mail to be sent to and From the BBS, an E-Mail host will
                          > be needed to keep the BBS Call sign correct, an example
                          > Would be n9pmo.com, you can setup a separate E-Mail Account
                          > with your ISP Server how ever The @Call Sign will be replaced
                          > with the Senders E-Mail Address, this is an Example of
                          > Using my E-Mail Account, n9pmo@

                          (personal email accounts removed to protect from the scum spammers...)

                          I've been experimenting with this functionality on JNOS using GMAil.
                          There's a magic "+" trick in an gmail TO address where everything
                          after the + is ignored. Thus it should be possible to send Email to
                          BBS users with something like: REDBBS+n9pmo@.... My JNOS
                          box would POP the REDBBS messages and be smart enough to direct the
                          "REDBBS+n9pmo" message straight to the "n9pmo" user.

                          Something like that make work here for the new BPQ BBS. The GMAIL
                          accounts are certainly readily available, use standard Internet Email
                          technologies and have good spam filtering.

                          73
                          Bill - WA7NWP
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 5 12:45 PM
                            Hi Bill

                            Well first I have to say congratulations in making JNOS even work, I worked
                            with it as an experiment
                            For a few weeks and never could get the Telnet to work, so I but it to bed
                            Hi.

                            Mike Melnik N9PMO
                            Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 7 9:30 AM

                              > Jack:
                              >
                              > The BPQ-BBS is A 3 part program <SNIP>

                              Thanks Mike, this gives me a start point to work from.
                              Its all part of a learning process! Looking at your website, too.

                              73 Jack VK4JRC