Re: [BPQ32] Seeking Assistance

  • Sergej
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
      Hello,Bill.

      > Hi, I was referred to this group by one of your members. I am
      > wanting to set up a BBS with internet
      > email accessible via telnet and rf. I would like to run 2 nodes, one on vhf and one on hf. Would
      > want the bulletins forwarded through telnet. Is this the right
      > software to do this? What operating
      > system will the pc have to be running? I am assuming I will need the tcp/ip drivers from svg? Can
      > someone provide technical assistancce?

      > Thanks in advance

      This can be done in one PC 166MHz or more CPU. Win98 and up OS.

      BBS software WinFBB7.00i (best version on my think);
      Node software - John's BPQ32.
      E-mail gateway can be done by access to any of Winlink telpac
      nodes in the network.

      For first step I'm suggest start with BPQ32 node and make
      interlinks to other systems and get any of packet service with it.

      73, Sergej
      uz2hz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
        Bill

        The 7.00I 16 Bit complete is available from my web site, setup instructions
        included.

        Mike Melnik N9PMO
        Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

        Hi, I was referred to this group by one of your members. I am wanting to set
        up a BBS with internet email accessible via telnet and rf. I would like to
        run 2 nodes, one on vhf and one on hf. Would want the bulletins forwarded
        through telnet. Is this the right software to do this? What operating system
        will the pc have to be running? I am assuming I will need the tcp/ip drivers
        from svg? Can someone provide technical assistancce?

        Thanks in advance

        Bill Schooler
        KI4NCW
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
          Mike the menu says that the "I" version is an update?

          73

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
            My mistake Mike I found it.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 21, 2009
              Hi Bill

              Yes there are two one is an update if one already has a previous version
              installed
              If you have any problems let me know

              73

              Mike Melnik N9PMO