Seeking Assistance

  • ki4ncw
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
      Hi, I was referred to this group by one of your members. I am wanting to set up a BBS with internet email accessible via telnet and rf. I would like to run 2 nodes, one on vhf and one on hf. Would want the bulletins forwarded through telnet. Is this the right software to do this? What operating system will the pc have to be running? I am assuming I will need the tcp/ip drivers from svg? Can someone provide technical assistancce?

      Thanks in advance

      Bill Schooler
      KI4NCW
    • Sergej
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
        Hello,Bill.

        > Hi, I was referred to this group by one of your members. I am
        > wanting to set up a BBS with internet
        > email accessible via telnet and rf. I would like to run 2 nodes, one on vhf and one on hf. Would
        > want the bulletins forwarded through telnet. Is this the right
        > software to do this? What operating
        > system will the pc have to be running? I am assuming I will need the tcp/ip drivers from svg? Can
        > someone provide technical assistancce?

        > Thanks in advance

        This can be done in one PC 166MHz or more CPU. Win98 and up OS.

        BBS software WinFBB7.00i (best version on my think);
        Node software - John's BPQ32.
        E-mail gateway can be done by access to any of Winlink telpac
        nodes in the network.

        For first step I'm suggest start with BPQ32 node and make
        interlinks to other systems and get any of packet service with it.

        73, Sergej
        uz2hz
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
          Bill

          The 7.00I 16 Bit complete is available from my web site, setup instructions
          included.

          Mike Melnik N9PMO
          Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
            Mike the menu says that the "I" version is an update?

            73

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
              My mistake Mike I found it.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 21, 2009
                Hi Bill

                Yes there are two one is an update if one already has a previous version
                installed
                If you have any problems let me know

                73

                Mike Melnik N9PMO