Re: AXUDP wont do AGWtoBPQ ?

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 25, 2006
      Hmm axip didnt work at all.
      Bummer
      Eddy
      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <nl1cat@w...> wrote:

      > Hi Mark..
      > Well the axudp link doesnt really drops out but i am not able to send
      > out l2 traffic or ui frames over it.
      > When i try to connect from the Xnet side to the bpq32 node or an
      > application attach to it they recieve the l2 traffic and responde (
      > its visible in the monitor of the appl and the bpqnode) to it , but it
      > isnt gettin out of the axudp port...
      > Im gonna try axip , see what comes out..
      > Eddy
      > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@f...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Eddy,
      > > I run a similar setup here. BPQ32 linked to XRouter using (kiss)
      serial
      > > ports. BPQ32 linked to FlexNet using UDP over my lan.
      > > Same problem as you have, Flexnet link drops out after a few minutes.
      > > Xrouter link works fine.
      > > If you can figure out the problem please let me know as I suspect I
      > have
      > > the same one.
      > > - Mark K2CAN
      > >

      > > Eddy wrote:
      > > > Hello John and the group.
      > > > I setup an axudp link btween BPQ32 and (X)net in my local lan.
      > > > I also have Xrouter and BPQ32 Talking to each other on a (wired)
      kiss
      > > > link.
      > > > When i monitor the axudp port on the xnet side only netrom traffic
      > > > seems to get trough.
      > > > While on the wired kiss link every thing works as expected.
      > > > Any thaughts on this?

    • Eddy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2006
        John and the group.
        Installed the new files.
        Also installed ethereal and the ax25dll to decode.
        In the ethereal caputre file i only see netrom broadcast coming out ,
        but if i try a beacon with a agw appl then nothing seem to happen on
        the axudp port (ethereal does'nt pick it up).
        Do i use the right config i wonder?
        I listen and send on port 93 insted of 10093 but that shouldnt make a
        diff?
        my axport looks like this...
        PORT
        PORTNUM=2 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
        ID=AX/IP/UDP ; Displayed by PORTS command
        TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
        DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL
        QUALITY=50 ; Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
        MAXFRAME=4 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
        FRACK=3000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
        RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
        RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
        PACLEN=236 ; Max = 236
        USERS=0
        L3ONLY=0
        ENDPORT
        Any thoughts?

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2006
          Eddy,

          What's in you BPQAXIP.cfg?

          If you are using 93 instead of 10093 you will have to tell Ethereal to use
          the AXUDP decoder. It will only automatically do port 10093.

          I ran NTNET and BPQ32 on the same machine. My AUTOEXEC.NET was

          # Hier ein Beispiel fuer eine AUTOEXEC.NET unter NT
          #
          att com1 smack 0 1 115200
          att ip0 axudp 1 1 l10092 d10093 127.0.0.1

          po 0 baud 9600
          po 0 dup 1
          po 0 win 7

          po 1 baud 1228800
          po 1 dup 1
          po 1 win 7

          start crond

          my tcall g8bpq
          my call g8xxx
          my alias ALIAS

          And the relevant bit of my bpqaxip.cfg

          # Config file for BPQAXIP

          MHEARD

          UDP 10093

          MAP G8XXX 127.0.0.1 UDP 10092
          MAP NODES 127.0.0.1 UDP 10092

          I could connect from bpq to g8xxx, and connect from ntnet to my bpq32 call.
          When I connected from ntnet, the messages were sent from g8bpq, digipeated
          by g8xxx.

          BPQ32 received a NODES from ntnet (I had to play around a bit with the ntnet
          commands), then I could connect from BPQ32 to ALIAS.

          I saw received NODES on the ntnet console, but nothing appeared in the ntnet
          nodes list. No doubt I am missing some ntnet commands.

          Also installed ethereal and the ax25dll to decode.
          In the ethereal caputre file i only see netrom broadcast coming out , but if
          i try a beacon with a agw appl then nothing seem to happen on the axudp port
          (ethereal does'nt pick it up). Do i use the right config i wonder? I listen
          and send on port 93 insted of 10093 but that shouldnt make a diff? my axport
          looks like this... PORT
          PORTNUM=2 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
          ID=AX/IP/UDP ; Displayed by PORTS command
          TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Calls an external module
          DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL
          QUALITY=50 ; Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
          MAXFRAME=4 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
          FRACK=3000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
          RESPTIME=1000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
          RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
          PACLEN=236 ; Max = 236
          USERS=0
          L3ONLY=0
          ENDPORT
          Any thoughts?
          Eddy

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <nl1cat@w...> wrote:

          > Hmm axip didnt work at all.
          > Bummer
          > Eddy
          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Eddy" <nl1cat@w...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Mark..
          > > Well the axudp link doesnt really drops out but i am not able to
          > > send out l2 traffic or ui frames over it. When i try to connect from
          > > the Xnet side to the bpq32 node or an application attach to it they
          > > recieve the l2 traffic and responde ( its visible in the monitor of
          > > the appl and the bpqnode) to it ,
          but it
          > > isnt gettin out of the axudp port...
          > > Im gonna try axip , see what comes out..
          > > Eddy
          > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@f...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Eddy,
          > > > I run a similar setup here. BPQ32 linked to XRouter using (kiss)
          > serial
          > > > ports. BPQ32 linked to FlexNet using UDP over my lan. Same problem
          > > > as you have, Flexnet link drops out after a few
          minutes.
          > > > Xrouter link works fine.
          > > > If you can figure out the problem please let me know as I suspect
          > > have
          > > > the same one.
          > > > - Mark K2CAN

          > kiss

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Eddy
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2006
            John,

            I setup the udp ports just like you.
            In the ethereal capute screen i just dont see udp packets counting up
            when i send beacons or try a l2 connect to the alias of the xnet node
            on the axudp port.
            When i do a netrom connect to the bpq node its ok.
            When i do a c:5 ghost-1 it connects to but i get digied by the
            xnetnode and in ethereal it looks the same as the netrom connect so i
            dont think xnet does l2 to the alias-1.
            It just looks like l4 comes out of the axudp port and l2 doesnt.
            You have to set a qual entry in ntnet (xnet) like po 2 qual 144.
            I did decode the packets on port 93 , it works ok.. nice job.
            Try to connect from a agw appl to youre tcal g8bpq , it doesnt matter
            that it cant connect but watch frames going out of the axudp port
            .(they dont)
            You can monitor in ntnet by typing ESC c g8xxx in the console of ntnet
            and then type sys and then mo.
            I dont know how the usage of the axip/udp ports must be , but i think
            it must have the same usagebillity as a radio port but that just my 2
            penny.
            So i think my setup is ok now , but the axudp needs to be fiddelt
            with a bit?
            Eddy

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@n...> wrote:

            > Eddy,
            >
            > What's in you BPQAXIP.cfg?
            >
            > If you are using 93 instead of 10093 you will have to tell Ethereal
            to use
            > the AXUDP decoder. It will only automatically do port 10093.
            >
            > I ran NTNET and BPQ32 on the same machine. My AUTOEXEC.NET was
            >
            > # Hier ein Beispiel fuer eine AUTOEXEC.NET unter NT
            > #
            > att com1 smack 0 1 115200
            > att ip0 axudp 1 1 l10092 d10093 127.0.0.1
            >
            > po 0 baud 9600
            > po 0 dup 1
            > po 0 win 7
            >
            > po 1 baud 1228800
            > po 1 dup 1
            > po 1 win 7
            >
            > start crond
            >
            > my tcall g8bpq
            > my call g8xxx
            > my alias ALIAS
            >
            > And the relevant bit of my bpqaxip.cfg
            >

            > # Config file for BPQAXIP
            >
            > MHEARD
            >
            > UDP 10093
            >
            > MAP G8XXX 127.0.0.1 UDP 10092
            > MAP NODES 127.0.0.1 UDP 10092
            >
            > I could connect from bpq to g8xxx, and connect from ntnet to my
            bpq32 call.
            > When I connected from ntnet, the messages were sent from g8bpq,
            digipeated
            > by g8xxx.
            >
            > BPQ32 received a NODES from ntnet (I had to play around a bit with
            the ntnet
            > commands), then I could connect from BPQ32 to ALIAS.
            >
            > I saw received NODES on the ntnet console, but nothing appeared in
            the ntnet
            > nodes list. No doubt I am missing some ntnet commands.

            Of Eddy