Getting Real Close

  • hawkxpflyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2006
      Thanks to all of you that have helped me thus far. I am getting real
      close to having what I want but I have one last step that is just
      driving me nuts. I will give a system over view and then explain the
      problem

      I have two computers running. One runs MSYS packet BBS, while the
      other runs BPQ32 and Dxnet.

      They run stand alone fine and tied together SORT OF.

      Msys Machine is a Win98 Machine. I chose win98 as a platform because
      I intend to run some rig control software with it as well. That is
      not an issue at the moment.

      Msys runs just fine. I currently have two serial ports in use. One
      with a KAM for vhf user port and HF traffic port. The other serial
      port is connected to the second machine via null modem cable.

      On machine 2 BPQ32 runs just fine and the nodes between MSYS TheNet
      and BPQ update as they are suppose to. Communication between the two
      works fine.

      Machine 2 currently has two serial ports and an ethernet port. One
      serial port is connected via null modem to MSYS machine. The other
      serial port is connected to a KPC3 controlled by AGWpe. AGW is used
      because DxNet runs on top of it. I can connect to DxNet via the UHF
      radio tied to AGW.

      Here is what I can do at the moment.

      Msys computer... Works fine as stand alone BBS
      BPQ computer ... Works fine as stand alone and talking to MSYS
      BPQ computer ... Telnet Input works fine through AXIP port

      BPQ computer ... DxNet and AGWpe work going to UHF backbone tnc

      The part I am missing is the connectivity between Port 1 (MSYS - BPQ
      Serial)of BPQ and the AGW/DX Port.

      The goal is to allow a user that is on 145.05 the BBS/NODE user port
      to be able to connect to BPQ and then on to the DxNet.

      Like I said, stand alone is working ok. Just needs refinement. I
      think I am overlooking something really simple for the missing part.
      I have a diagram of the system if needed.

      HELP!!!

      Karl, KB8DM