Missing/bad import file

  • Howard Z.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
      Hi,

      I rebooted my computer today, and now when WinFBB starts it complains that it can't find the IMPORT FILE.

      Is there an easy way to recover from this?
      Or do I need to reinstall WinFBB?

      Howard
      N3ZH
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009

        Howard

        Not sure what version WinFbb you are running 7.00 series or 7.01A but this

        Sound more like 7.01, open the configuration tool in root directory, Folders

        You can reset the path using the down arrow then click on the Folder reset

        The path, this may or may not solve the problem, this usually happens when

        The registry path for WinFbb becomes corrupt, you may have to edit the registry

        In Folders and set the path.

        HKEY_LOCAL_Machine, Software, WinFbb, Folders, Modify

        One other thing you can try last resort, control panel Add/Remove Programs

        Click Uninstall, it will ask you if you want to try a Repair, If it can find

        The Temp File installed from this may also fix it, I have always done it from

        The registry, If in fact this is 7.01 I have some add ones to stop the Call Sign

        Problem, enable Bulletin lifetime Test, let me know if interested.

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        Web Site: www.n9pmo.com