bad data in heard list

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
      I am running version 4.10i on an XP Pro platform. There are two ports on
      this system. Port 1 is an AX/UDP port. Port 2 is a KISS port with a tnc
      in KISS mode for 'backbone' connects to the 'local' RF FlexNet network.
      The KISS port is setup using an RS232 speed of 19.2Kb.

      Port 2 is working fine but the mheard list on that port shows allot of
      'bad' data.. ie:

      FGRLKS:K2CAN-3} Heard List for Port 2
      KC2HFQ 12:14:14
      KB2FAF-4* 12:01:04
      2xWGw^-15* 11:30:56
      6xNfP'-9 11:30:53
      KC2HFQ-4 11:21:42
      %x`nAs-13 10:30:11
      #xqXM)-11 08:31:07
      0x>Y5$-11 03:01:14
      Ex[$mm 02:44:38
      Bx^v$v-3 02:44:29
      Ex}r-12* 02:44:10
      @x:<?\-12 02:44:02
      AxsW[w-9* 02:43:42
      FxwyE^-14 02:43:41
      Cx2n^M-13 02:43:15
      CxOT(I-11 02:42:45
      Dx]2\u-5 02:42:37
      @xGx7b-7 02:42:35
      Gxsr$n-2* 02:42:35
      Ax`uOl-6 02:42:31

      Here is a copy of the stats at that point in time..

      FGRLKS:K2CAN-3}
      Time active (mins) 2145
      Semaphore Get/Rel/Clashes 1347301 1347300 80
      Buffers:Max/Cur/Min/Out/Wait 632 631 581 0 0
      Known Nodes 35
      L4 Connects Sent/Rxed 204 97
      L4 Frames TX/RX/Resent/Reseq 6700 9275 8 0
      L3 Frames Relayed 0
      Port 1 Port 2
      L2 Frames Digied 0 0
      L2 Frames Heard 13024 6595
      L2 Frames Rxed 6779 1910
      L2 Frames Sent 6977 2071
      L2 Timeouts 149 142
      REJ Frames Rxed 0 0
      RX out of Seq 1 6
      L2 Resequenced 0 0
      Undrun/Poll T-O 0 0
      RX Overruns 0 0
      RX CRC Errors 0 0
      FRMRs Sent 0 0
      FRMRs Received 0 0
      Frames abandoned 0 0
      Link Active % 0 0 0 0

      Any idea what could be causing this and how it can be corrected..??

      - Mark K2CAN
    • D.Calder
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009

        I had this one time and lowered the speed to 9600 and torrid on the the cable to get rid of RF noise.

        The timestamps have no garbage in them so I don’t think it’s the program. Looks like the same thing I had.

        Dave Calder

        n4zkf@...

        www.n4zkf.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
          I did notice that it never happened when I ran a real long cable on that
          port. At one point I had over 80 feet of serial line with a torrid on it
          between that machine and another one running a FlexNet KISS driver.
          Never had any problem with that configuration even running at 56Kb.
          Given that, your suggestion that it could be RF noise related makes sense.
          I'll try lowering the line speed and adding a torrid. Thanks Dave.

          - Mark K2CAN