RE: [BPQ32] AGW>BPQ Continuous Traffic!

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 1:24 PM
      Charlie,

      To get "BPQ32 to act as AGW" by which I assume you mean that BPQ32 can be used with AGW applications, you should run AGWtoBPQ, and not run AGWPE. BPQtoAGW allows BPQ32 to use a real AGWPE as virtual KISS TNCs, and would normally only be used for port types that are not supported by BPQ32 (eg Sound Card Modem).

      If you run AGWtoBPQ and BPQtoAGW using the same port, you will get a loop. If you really need both, you need to change the port of either the real AGW, or BPQtoAGW. Normally you woud want the AGW apps to connect to AGWtoBPQ, so you would run that on 8000, annd change AGWPE to 8001, and set the BPQtoAGW IOADDR to 1F41.

      I guess noone has tried more than 10 ports - I'll look into it.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 2:08 PM
        > If you run AGWtoBPQ and BPQtoAGW using the same port, you will get
        > a loop. If you really need both, you need to change the port of
        > either the real AGW, or BPQtoAGW. Normally you woud want the AGW
        > apps to connect to AGWtoBPQ, so you would run that on 8000, annd
        > change AGWPE to 8001, and set the BPQtoAGW IOADDR to 1F41.

        I think I must be misunderstanding the way this works, then. Those 2 ports were intended to create a BPQ32 version of AGW with 2 ports. I wasn't running SV2AGW's engine on that PC at the time, nor did I want to.

        Re-reading the example CFGs, I see how it works now... I define my TNCs in SV2AGW - and then use a BPQ port definition to access an SV2AGW port. I understand about keeping BPQ and AGW's ports different, so that's crystal clear ;)

        My thinking was based on the issues surrounding SallyPMS not interfacing with BPQ correctly - I could just run it on BPQ in AGW mode and that'll make my PMS work on all ports on the node.

        Thanks for all your help so far.

        --
        Charlie - M0PZT
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 2:23 PM
          Charlie,

          No, you define your TNCs to BPQ32 as KISS ports (not using BPQtoAGW).

          Don't Run AGWPE.

          Run AGWtoBPQ

          Sally (or any other app that support AGWPE) can then be configured in AGW mode. It thinks it is talking to AGWPE with one more port than is configured in BPQ32 - the real ports, plus a virtual port which give access to the L4 features of the node.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 4:21 PM
            > No, you define your TNCs to BPQ32 as KISS ports (not using
            > BPQtoAGW).
            >
            > Sally (or any other app that support AGWPE) can then be configured
            > in AGW mode. It thinks it is talking to AGWPE with one more port
            > than is configured in BPQ32 - the real ports, plus a virtual port
            > which give access to the L4 features of the node.

            Thanks, I understand now - and it's all working quite nicely ;)

            --
            Charlie - M0PZT