Re: VK Foundation Licensees can't use BPQ32 !

  • Charlie Davy
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      > The 6 character limit is set in concrete as it is part of the
      > AX.25 specification.

      2mins after posting that message, I discovered that.. doh! Ironically, I have G6AWD's Guide to Packet Radio here in the shack - I must use it more ;)

      --
      Charlie - M0PZT
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009

        Charlie

        If the Call Sign is more then 6 Characters, maybe one could use Alias

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
          Put the callsign in the ID message ... to cover any requirement
          for station identification. Unless of course your administration
          requires station identification in EVERY transmission ;-)

            ...  Hank - W0RLI

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
            Hi all,

            Just a little heads up, VK Foundation Licensees are not permitted to use packet, they are not permitted the mode under the Amateur LCD
            as defined by the ACMA (Australian Communications & Media Authority)
            only modes defined under the licence can be used.

            Cheers Eddie
            VK6ZSE
            WIA National Technical Advisory Committee (VK6 region)