VK Foundation Licensees can't use BPQ32 !

  • Charlie Davy
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 11:25 AM
      John,

      Just a thought - but the 6-character limit with BPQ32's callsign parameters is going to cause a problem for certain VK stations. The Australian foundation licence uses a 4-letter suffix ;)

      eg: VK$Faaa
      http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_311646

      --
      Charlie - M0PZT
    • Ron Stordahl N5IN
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 12:49 PM
        The 6 character limit is set in concrete as it is part of the AX.25 specification.

        Ron, N5IN

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Davy" <charlie@...> wrote:

        > John,
        >
        > Just a thought - but the 6-character limit with BPQ32's callsign parameters is going to cause a problem for certain VK stations. The Australian foundation licence uses a 4-letter suffix ;)
        >
        > eg: VK$Faaa
        > http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_311646
        >
        > --
        > Charlie - M0PZT

      • Charlie Davy
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 1:07 PM
          > The 6 character limit is set in concrete as it is part of the
          > AX.25 specification.

          2mins after posting that message, I discovered that.. doh! Ironically, I have G6AWD's Guide to Packet Radio here in the shack - I must use it more ;)

          --
          Charlie - M0PZT
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1 1:16 PM

            Charlie

            If the Call Sign is more then 6 Characters, maybe one could use Alias

            Mike Melnik N9PMO

            Web Site: www.n9pmo.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 1:20 PM
              Put the callsign in the ID message ... to cover any requirement
              for station identification. Unless of course your administration
              requires station identification in EVERY transmission ;-)

                ...  Hank - W0RLI

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 6:42 PM
                Hi all,

                Just a little heads up, VK Foundation Licensees are not permitted to use packet, they are not permitted the mode under the Amateur LCD
                as defined by the ACMA (Australian Communications & Media Authority)
                only modes defined under the licence can be used.

                Cheers Eddie
                VK6ZSE
                WIA National Technical Advisory Committee (VK6 region)