Re: Convers chat server on BPQ32?

  • n9lya
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi John... NVTDM must somehow mean FASTCHAT or is conflicting..

      I show one channel out of 10 connected to k9bbs buit cannot connetcto any others via the CHAT line from an MSYS Machine I get Sorry all Chat ports are busy.. I use App 5 as well since that fell in line...

      73 jerry

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n9lya" <n9lya@...> wrote:

      > Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???
      >
      > Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
      > I have them in order
      >
      > as follows
      > BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT
      >
      > 73 jerry

      > > Jerry,
      > >
      > > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
      > > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
      > > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
      > > have set.
      > >
      > > 73,
      > > John

    • Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
        NTVDM.exe is the windows process that DOS software uses to run in a windows environment (W2K and newer). I think it's used sometimes for 16bit stuff, but don't recall for sure.

        73
        WA4ZKO

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
          Jerry,

          Tthe app should show as 10 - it is the mask in hex. If it shows a 5 that is actually apps 1 and 3.

          ntvdm runs 16 bit apps n W2K and above. DOS programs just use ntvdm. Windows 16 bit programs run under wowexec, which itself runs in ntvdm.

          Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???

          Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
          I have them in order

          as follows
          BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT

          73 jerry

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@ ...> wrote:

          > Jerry,
          >
          > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
          > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
          > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
          > have set.

        • n9lya
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
            Thanks
            That got it... many thanks... I had to set it to 16... in Fast chat... I was miss undertsnading the Mask values...

            73 Jerry