Re: Convers chat server on BPQ32?

  • n9lya
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1 4:21 AM
      Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???

      Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
      I have them in order

      as follows
      BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT

      73 jerry

      > Jerry,
      >
      > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
      > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
      > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
      > have set.

    • n9lya
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1 4:26 AM
        Hi John... NVTDM must somehow mean FASTCHAT or is conflicting..

        I show one channel out of 10 connected to k9bbs buit cannot connetcto any others via the CHAT line from an MSYS Machine I get Sorry all Chat ports are busy.. I use App 5 as well since that fell in line...

        73 jerry

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n9lya" <n9lya@...> wrote:

        > Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???
        >
        > Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
        > I have them in order
        >
        > as follows
        > BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT
        >
        > 73 jerry

        > > Jerry,
        > >
        > > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
        > > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
        > > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
        > > have set.
        > >
        > > 73,
        > > John

      • Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1 5:09 AM
          NTVDM.exe is the windows process that DOS software uses to run in a windows environment (W2K and newer). I think it's used sometimes for 16bit stuff, but don't recall for sure.

          73
          WA4ZKO

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1 5:31 AM
            Jerry,

            Tthe app should show as 10 - it is the mask in hex. If it shows a 5 that is actually apps 1 and 3.

            ntvdm runs 16 bit apps n W2K and above. DOS programs just use ntvdm. Windows 16 bit programs run under wowexec, which itself runs in ntvdm.

            Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???

            Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
            I have them in order

            as follows
            BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT

            73 jerry

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@ ...> wrote:

            > Jerry,
            >
            > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
            > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
            > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
            > have set.

          • n9lya
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 1 6:00 AM
              Thanks
              That got it... many thanks... I had to set it to 16... in Fast chat... I was miss undertsnading the Mask values...

              73 Jerry