RE: [BPQ32] Convers chat server on BPQ32?

    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
      Jerry,

      With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS= string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they have set.

      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
        Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???

        Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
        I have them in order

        as follows
        BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT

        73 jerry

        > Jerry,
        >
        > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
        > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
        > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
        > have set.

      • n9lya
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hi John... NVTDM must somehow mean FASTCHAT or is conflicting..

          I show one channel out of 10 connected to k9bbs buit cannot connetcto any others via the CHAT line from an MSYS Machine I get Sorry all Chat ports are busy.. I use App 5 as well since that fell in line...

          73 jerry

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "n9lya" <n9lya@...> wrote:

          > Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???
          >
          > Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
          > I have them in order
          >
          > as follows
          > BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT
          >
          > 73 jerry

          > > Jerry,
          > >
          > > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
          > > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
          > > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
          > > have set.
          > >
          > > 73,
          > > John

        • Jeff Thomas - WA4ZKO
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
            NTVDM.exe is the windows process that DOS software uses to run in a windows environment (W2K and newer). I think it's used sometimes for 16bit stuff, but don't recall for sure.

            73
            WA4ZKO

            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
              Jerry,

              Tthe app should show as 10 - it is the mask in hex. If it shows a 5 that is actually apps 1 and 3.

              ntvdm runs 16 bit apps n W2K and above. DOS programs just use ntvdm. Windows 16 bit programs run under wowexec, which itself runs in ntvdm.

              Hi John.. I show app 5 Flag 2 ntvdm.exe???

              Also shows k9bbs connected..Which is correct for some reason k9bbs connects to the chat by itself.. I have chatted with ve9mfp but nothing on the application side connects..
              I have them in order

              as follows
              BBS DXC RMS ARML CHAT

              73 jerry

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@ ...> wrote:

              > Jerry,
              >
              > With the params I sent, CHAT runs as appl 5. If your APPLICATIONS=
              > string looks ok, run BPQSTATUS - that will show which programs are
              > connected to BPQ, what streams they are using, and what APPLMASK they
              > have set.

            • n9lya
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 1, 2009
                Thanks
                That got it... many thanks... I had to set it to 16... in Fast chat... I was miss undertsnading the Mask values...

                73 Jerry