Re: [BPQ32] Re: TNC-X in BPQ32 ?

  • Enki
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2009
      Charlie Davy wrote:
      > It's amazing to think that PICs have been used in AX25 for over 10yrs yet hardly anyone (at least here in the UK) is doing much with them. Most the people I know are using PICs for repeater controllers.
      >
      > --
      > Charlie - M0PZT

      An Atmel ATtiny2313 plus a quad OpAmp makes a very good 9600bps
      baseband modem (G3RUH). A SPI FRAM would be needed to run KISS.

      An Atmel ATmega48 plus a quad OpAmp makes a very good 1200bps AFSK
      modem, running DSP filters on RX and tone generation via PWM on TX.
      A SPI FRAM would be needed to run KISS.

      The PC interface could be RS232 or USB using just one more IC.

      Mark Jordan, PY3SS