Help with FBB?

  • kd6pgi
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2009
      Okay,

      Here is what I've got. I have had BPQ32 running with my RMS Packet Station with AGWPE for awhile and it worked great. I updated to the latest BPQ32 tonight and switched RMS Packet to run off the BPQ instead of the AGWtoBPQ like it was running before. RMS is still in position 1 in the BPQCFG. The RMS still works great. Now, I want to add WINFBB to the BPQ32. I put it in position 2 in BPQCFG, added the appcall and appalias. I am still running AGWPE for the TNC.

      After I installed WINFBB and added the REG_DWORD for position 2, I set it to use a BPQ port. I also set the AGWtoBPQ appmask to 0x2. When I connect to BPQ, the RMS works fine, but FBB says there are no AGWPE ports available. What am I missing here?
    • Hank Oredson
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 15, 2009
        Try putting it in application 4 instead of 2.

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15, 2009
          Hi Hank,

          I didn't realize you hang out here, too.

          Anyway, application 4 didn't work either...here what I have in the BPQCFG:

          APPLICATIONS=RMS,,,FBB

          APPL1CALL=KD6PGI-10
          APPL1ALIAS=HRRMS
          APPL1QUAL=167

          APPL4CALL=KD6PGI-5
          APPL4ALIAS=HRFBB
          APPL4QUAL=167

          I also set the appmask in AGQtoBPW to 0x8...I assume that is correct. I am still fuzzy on the appmask thing. I also set the registry to the 0x00000008 as well.

          I still get a "No AGWPE Host sessions available" message. Any other thoughts?

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 16, 2009
            Hi,

            Why are you running AGWtoBPQ? Both RMS and WINFBB can talk directly to BPQ. It sounds like AGWtoBPQ is picking up the connect intended for WinFBB, and rejecting it.

            73,
            John G8BPQ

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 16, 2009
              Aha! Thank you! I was originally running AGWtoBPQ because RMS needed it to run with AGWPE. Now that RMS supports BPQ direct....the rest is history, sort of.

              I dropped AGWtoBPQ and I am now running BPQ32. That is much simpler. RMS still runs great, but WINFBB said that all FBB ports were busy. I went into the WINFBB config and changed the BPQ port parameters to accept 8 channels instead of 7, then it came up fine. Now, why would 7 channels not work when I am only using 1? Are there better parameter settings for the BPQ port I should use? What would be best?

              Thanks again for the eye opener.

              Ken KD6PGI

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 16, 2009
                Ok, Ken.

                That doesn't mke much sense. I  run 7 channels here, and it works file Maybe just reloading it tidied up the mess that could have been left by running AGWtoBPQ and FBB with the same mask. Anway, it would be worth switching back to 7 to see what happens. If you run BPQSTATUS you can see which streams are allocated to which application. and what Application Mask they are listening for.

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@ ...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Why are you running AGWtoBPQ? Both RMS and WINFBB can talk directly to
                > BPQ. It sounds like AGWtoBPQ is picking up the connect intended for
                > WinFBB, and rejecting it.
                >

                > 73,
                > John G8BPQ

              • kd6pgi
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 16, 2009
                  I did switch back to 7 channels and it seems to work fine there, too. Not sure what happened. I ran BPQSTATUS and stream 1-8 is running RMS Packet as app 1, WinFBB is running stream 9-15 as app 2. The only thing strange is that stream 9 has a flg of 82, while everything else is a flg of 2.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 16, 2009
                    Ok, Ken. The top (hex80) bit of Flags indicates a stream that will receive monitoring information. RMS doesn't do monitoring, so doesn't set that bit.

                    I did switch back to 7 channels and it seems to work fine there, too. Not sure what happened. I ran BPQSTATUS and stream 1-8 is running RMS Packet as app 1, WinFBB is running stream 9-15 as app 2. The only thing strange is that stream 9 has a flg of 82, while everything else is a flg of 2.

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@ ...> wrote:

                    > Ok, Ken.
                    >
                    > That doesn't mke much sense. I run 7 channels here, and it works file
                    > Maybe just reloading it tidied up the mess that could have been left by
                    > running AGWtoBPQ and FBB with the same mask. Anway, it would be worth
                    > switching back to 7 to see what happens. If you run BPQSTATUS you can
                    > see which streams are allocated to which application. and what
                    > Application Mask they are listening for.

                  • kd6pgi
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 16, 2009
                      Thanks for all the help and info. I'll run with it for a while and see how it goes. Now, I just have to figure out all the ins and outs of the WinFBB software. What the best settings for a typical BBS should be, etc.

                      Ken