Re: [BPQ32] Application via a digi...

  • Bill Vodall WA7NWP
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2009
      Thanks for the info...

      > The total length of a command and it's alias is 16 bytes. This isn't
      > intended as a general connect command, but as a way of connecting to
      > applications on another BPQ32 system (or others running NETROM).

      Ok. It's a little less feature rich then the Linux "node" program
      which has something like 5 options for the aliases.. Keeping it
      clean and simple isn't a bad thing -- specially with somebody like me
      that usually ends up adding more features then really needed.

      > The aliased
      > connect should normally be to an entry in the NODES list, although you can
      > get away with a direct L2 connect if the Appl name is short enough.

      > Incidentally "C victor via k7idx" is illegal, anyway. A L2 connect needs a
      > port number, so even from a node session you would enter C 1 victor v k7idx.
      > assuming you are connecting on bpq port 1

      So the applications string is comma separated?

      applications =RED/C ? REDBBS,VICTOR/C 1 victor v k7idx

      Ideally I'd like BPQ32 to handle the NETROM functionality so I don't
      have to compile NETROM into JNOS and save a few K of memory. Hard to
      believe, in this era of gigabytes, we're still using a DOS program
      that is totally limited to 640 K. (Fixing that is another project on
      the endless list....) So if I need to connect to JNOS (REDBBS) from
      BPQ and it's a locally connected APPLICATION without NETWORK - will
      this work?

      The VICTOR/C VICTOR command missing the port number explains why I'm
      seeing "no open xzy for port "victor".

      Bill