BPQ / Linux

  • Rubén Navarro Huedo
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
      Hello friends:
      I know that this is a BPQ 32 mailing list, but...
      Could be possible a BPQ Linux port?

      Thank's :)

      --
      Rubén Navarro Huedo
      http://www.palotes.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
        It would be a major undertaking, as most of BPQ32 is written in
        Assembler. Also Linux already has good ax.25 and NET/ROM support.
        How would you use a Linux version?

        Regards,
        John G8BPQ

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Rubén Navarro Huedo <eb5esx@e...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
          I think that a like linux-node version could be great.
          At this moment there isn't a Linux Node running 100% Ok.

          Or...a stand-alone version with full ax25 and netrom support to attach
          directly to TNC.

          I am a nostalgic and in my Dos times i always was a BPQ user.

          Now with Linux i can't and i am sorry about it :(

          Please...excuse my english, but it is not very good.

          --
          Rubén Navarro Huedo
          http://www.palotes.com
          http://www.cabodesantapola.org
        • Eddy
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Rubén Navarro Huedo <eb5esx@e...> wrote:

            > I think that a like linux-node version could be great.
            > At this moment there isn't a Linux Node running 100% Ok.
            Huh?

            > Or...a stand-alone version with full ax25 and netrom support to attach
            > directly to TNC.
            Ever heard of (X)net?
            If u want you can run the dos bpq in dosemu.
            I did with Xrouter and it worked great.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
              > Ever heard of (X)net?
              > If u want you can run the dos bpq in dosemu.
              > I did with Xrouter and it worked great.

              Yes...i can run bpq under dosemu, but...it is not the same.
              I have xnet running at this moment, but if i could i would try use bpq.

              --
              Rubén Navarro Huedo
              http://www.palotes.com
              http://www.cabodesantapola.org
            • Dennis Nelson
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 20, 2006
                I'm not sure which distro of linux you're using, but I've got the node/ax25/f6fbb/telnet running
                just fine under suse 8.2 If needed I can send my init files to show how I'm running this system.
                73 de Dennis KB9RRX.

                --
                Rubén Navarro Huedo
                http://www.palotes.com
                http://www.cabodesantapola.org

                Yahoo! Photos
              • Ron Stordahl
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
                  Dennis

                  Does this offer a 'AGWPE like' interface, so that it may be accessed in that fashion remotely by Windows programs, one example of which would be AGWTerminalTCP, or for that matter any Windows program which can access AGWPE via tcp locally or remotely?

                  Ron Stordahl, N5IN

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
                    Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ / Linux Node has some security and cpu load problems.... Then we don’t use it.
                    AWZ Node is abandon-ware and... I think that there isn’t a good node for linux at this moment.
                    Yes...we have xnet and Thenet for Linux but... It is not BPQ :)

                    El 20/1/06 11:28, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> <mailto:john.wiseman@...> escribió:

                    > It would be a major undertaking, as most of BPQ32 is written in
                    > Assembler. Also Linux already has good ax.25 and NET/ROM support.
                    > How would you use a Linux version?
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > John G8BPQ
                    >

                    > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Rubén Navarro Huedo <eb5esx@e...> <mailto:eb5esx@e...>
                    > wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Hello friends:
                    >> I know that this is a BPQ 32 mailing list, but...
                    >> Could be possible a BPQ Linux port?
                    >>
                    >> Thank's :)
                    >>
                    >> --
                    >> Rubén Navarro Huedo
                    >> http://www.palotes.com
                    >> http://www.cabodesantapola.org

                    Ham radio <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig=neAnnVwAaiJ-io38JcwlhQ>   John wiseman <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=John+wiseman&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig=KX8vx1ikYLOMjzP6rwlLyw>   Craft hobby <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Craft+hobby&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig=Lbqvmsy2qag6MkPoWploRA>

                    Hobby and craft supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig=VC0cPl3w4-AX0mf0_66V0A>   Icom ham radio <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Icom+ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig=24wVxJmqVhNNTHpOTtLuMg>   Yaesu ham radio <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Yaesu+ham+radio&w1=Ham+radio&w2=John+wiseman&w3=Craft+hobby&w4=Hobby+and+craft+supply&w5=Icom+ham+radio&w6=Yaesu+ham+radio&c=6&s=119&.sig=VtTj3Fc550LZLQMZHqMV3Q>

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
                      If you mean like a soundcard modem, YES. As far remote access, Linux can be anything
                      you need it to be. Remote Access ia as easy as telneting to the port. I can explain in e-mail
                      rather then tying up the forum. Dennis.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 21, 2006
                        Dennis.

                        Thanks for that info, but what I would really like to know is is the interface AGWPE compatible.  So that I could run a program such as AR-Cluster on a Windows machine, and using AR-Cluster AGWPE interface drive TNC's on a Linux box either on my LAN or on the WAN.  If this were the case, then I might expect some Linux application also to have an AGWPE interface, which could drive BPQ32 on a remote machine.  I do realize they could be interconnected using AX/IP or AX/UDP, but I don't think that would deliver the raw data (UI frames etc), which is available thru the AGWPE interface.

                        I don't think anyone will mind this traffic on the BPQ32 group....we are not that busy and this is relevant in my view.

                        Ron Stordahl, N5IN

                      Message 11 of 11 , Jan 22, 2006
                        I can't say with 100% accurracy of the compatabilty, since Linux also as a dx cluster
                        program. And to be honest i haven't tried the aforementioned programs myself, so
                        I'm going by what I've used or am somewhat familar with. I'll do some additional
                        work on it and let you know. Dennis.