- I'm setting up a BPQ switch, to add to an existing WL2K RMS Packet
site, in order to integrate the RMS with a regional packet radio
- put a fresh install of Windows 2k on new (to me) computer,
- installed TeraTerm and confirmed the installation of a MFJ-1270C TNC,
- installed the current BPQ-32 package from the files section, and
- spent the last 48 hours driving myself nuts because I can't get the
sequence on page 4/20 of the 'BPQ32_410i Installation Document' to
the "C 1 MYNODE v MYCALL" command (I see the command displayed in the
middle window, XX0XX>MYNODE,MYCALL Port+1 <C C P> repeated 5 times in
the Terminal upper window, followed by a XXNODE:XX0XX} Failure with
MYNODE" in the middle window.
Need an elmer to get started.
I just installed the latest version (BPQ32_410i_2009Feb07.exe) on a machine without and existing BPQ32.
Then I started BPQTerminal and typed: (u is what I typed and the lines below it are the response).
MYNODE:MYCALL} G8BPQ Network System V4.10i for Win32 (643)
Then I typed the connect and got the following response:
c 1 mynode v mycall
MYNODE:MYCALL} Connected to MYNODE
This is the CTEXT text.
MYNODE:MYCALL} CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
So if this is not happening I am at a loss!
If this is not happening I recommend uninstalling BPQ32 and starting fresh. By the way, do this without RMS running. If you are using RMS you would want to prepare a proper configuration, rather than the default minimal for which this test is applicable.
- That worked Ron. Thank-you. Obvious solution, everybody else is safe
this week for the Turkey Award ;-)
--- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:
> If this is not happening I recommend uninstalling BPQ32 and starting