BPQ32, AR-Cluster & PK232/USB....

  • Swiger, Jeffrey M.
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2009
      OK, Anyone Running this Combination?
      I have been Pulling Hair out trying to get thos all working, and I'm
      getting Confused on what all I need.

      Jeff-N8NOE

      Cluster Node: n8noe-1
      telnet>n8noe.ham-radio-op.net:23
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2009

        Jeff

        I just tried telnet connection to your ARC, that is fine, I was watching

        Your questions from the ARC Yahoo Group but got lost with all the E-Mails,

        If I recall the problem is when connecting to your ARC via RF?

        Lets start back at the beginning,

        Are you running BPQ32 in the AGWtoBPQ Mode or OCX?

        The very first and most important if using AGWtoBPQ as I do is the

        ARC Licensed Call must be inn the APPLXCALL=

        APPLICATIONS=

        APPLXCALL=

        APPLXALIAS=

        APPLXQUAL=

        This is how I have mine:

        APPLICATIONS=BBS,DXAR

        APPL1CALL=N9PMO

        APPL1ALIAS=RACBBS

        APPL1QUAL=255

        APPL2CALL=N9PMO-6

        APPL2ALIAS=DXAR

        APPL2QUAL=151

        I have to admit I haven’t used the OCX way,

        I am a little unclear if the setup would be the same

        Lets take it from here.

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2009

          He’s running AGW so he can send SPOTS as Beacons.

          Second, the Cluster TNC and the Test TNC are PK-232’s.

          ---- Dave, W9ZRX

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
            Thanks Dave,
            Yes the BEAST is on RF and sending the Beacons but more important
            it's allowing connections now. I'd just about gave up on AGW and
            started reading and going the learning curve about BPQ32 and got this
            running. Between changing the Radio and TNC to a PK-12 it worked..
            LONG story on that. NOW that it's running I'd like to NOT be in such a
            panic to read some of the information on BPQ32. NOW I'd heard that it
            will allow Beaconing now? and I'm not using the telnet portion of AGW
            (Not sure why I would), and ONLY AR-Cluster running so I don't need
            all the features in AGW. I want to make a system to take as a remote
            and the idea of BPQ32 is appealing in that it's not (or it seems to
            me) as invasive as the AGW..
            But, It's running and on RF so for the Very moment I'm not touching it
            and if power fails I hope "Humpty-Dumpty" goes back together!..
            THANKS ALL!.. I do appreciate all the help, can't say that enough!..

            Jeff-N8NOE

            -- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Zeph" <zephd@...> wrote:

            > He's running AGW so he can send SPOTS as Beacons.
            >

            > Second, the Cluster TNC and the Test TNC are PK-232's.
            >

            > ---- Dave, W9ZRX
            >

            > _____

            Of Mike
            > Melnik
            > Sent: Sunday, 22 February, 2009 2:41 PM
            > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32, AR-Cluster & PK232/USB....
            >

            > Jeff
            >

            > I just tried telnet connection to your ARC, that is fine, I was watching
            >
            > Your questions from the ARC Yahoo Group but got lost with all the
            E-Mails,

            > If I recall the problem is when connecting to your ARC via RF?
            >
            > Lets start back at the beginning,
            >

            > Are you running BPQ32 in the AGWtoBPQ Mode or OCX?
            >
            > The very first and most important if using AGWtoBPQ as I do is the
            >
            > ARC Licensed Call must be inn the APPLXCALL=
            >

            > APPLICATIONS=
            >

            > APPLXCALL=
            >
            > APPLXALIAS=
            >
            > APPLXQUAL=
            >

            > This is how I have mine:
            >

            > APPLICATIONS=BBS,DXAR
            >

            > APPL1CALL=N9PMO
            >
            > APPL1ALIAS=RACBBS
            >
            > APPL1QUAL=255
            >
            > APPL2CALL=N9PMO-6
            >
            > APPL2ALIAS=DXAR
            >
            > APPL2QUAL=151
            >

            > I have to admit I haven't used the OCX way,
            >
            > I am a little unclear if the setup would be the same
            >

            > Lets take it from here.
            >

            > Mike Melnik N9PMO
            >
            > www.n9pmo.com

          • Ron Stordahl
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
              Jeff, N8OE

              Could you zip up your bpqcfg.txt and bpqaxip.cfg files and mail them to: ronn5in-n8oe@... ?

              Long ago I did send dxspots as beacons, however I used a separate program UIDX.exe, as explained in the BPQ32 installation document.  However it would be more convenient to do this within BPQ32 as you wish to do.  Perhaps it is possible (without the use of a separate program such as AGWPE or UIDX).  Ill check this here but first I need your configuration files.

              Ron, N5IN
            • Swiger, Jeffrey M.
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
                Ron;
                I'll send them to you no problem, BUT I haven't done ANYTHING but
                my Call.. I got that far and left here yeterday, and then got back
                with a second Brain (K8PLW) and a Radio/TNC combo.. After messing with
                the PK-232 (Oh, I now have 4 of them here) We put a PK-12 and his
                radio in, It Worked?..
                But I'll get them off to you!..
                Almost afraid to touch it now!
                Jeff-N8NOE

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

                > Jeff, N8OE
                >
                > Could you zip up your bpqcfg.txt and bpqaxip.cfg files and mail them
                to: ronn5in-n8oe@... ?

                > Long ago I did send dxspots as beacons, however I used a separate
                program UIDX.exe, as explained in the BPQ32 installation document.
                However it would be more convenient to do this within BPQ32 as you
                wish to do. Perhaps it is possible (without the use of a separate
                program such as AGWPE or UIDX). Ill check this here but first I need
                your configuration files.

                > Ron, N5IN

              • Ron Stordahl
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
                  Thanks....Ill review them ASAP.

                  You can send dxspot beacons in 2 ways, neither requires AGWPE (unless you use sound card modems--which you do not).

                  I used to do this, but gave up when the number of users on the radio side dropped to the point where there really was no congestion on direct connections.  About the only application I can see for sending dxspot beacons would be to read them on the display face of a Kenwood D700, but you may still want to do so.

                  Ron, N5IN

                  I'll send them to you no problem, BUT I haven't done ANYTHING but
                  my Call.. I got that far and left here yeterday, and then got back
                  with a second Brain (K8PLW) and a Radio/TNC combo.. After messing with
                  the PK-232 (Oh, I now have 4 of them here) We put a PK-12 and his
                  radio in, It Worked?..
                  But I'll get them off to you!..
                  Almost afraid to touch it now!
                  Jeff-N8NOE

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups. com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@.. .> wrote:

                  > Jeff, N8OE
                  >
                  > Could you zip up your bpqcfg.txt and bpqaxip.cfg files and mail them
                  to: ronn5in-n8oe@ ... ?

                  > Long ago I did send dxspots as beacons, however I used a separate
                  program UIDX.exe, as explained in the BPQ32 installation document.
                  However it would be more convenient to do this within BPQ32 as you
                  wish to do. Perhaps it is possible (without the use of a separate
                  program such as AGWPE or UIDX). Ill check this here but first I need
                  your configuration files.

                  > Ron, N5IN

                • Swiger, Jeffrey M.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 23, 2009
                    Ron,
                    I Appreciate that your looking at these files, I'm almost afraid to
                    try anything after all the messing I did.. But as for the Beacons, You
                    can copy DX just in a terminal, But I DO have the TH-D7 HT, and the
                    guy running the Link North of me has the D-700 in the car. Makes some
                    sence here.

                    Jeff-N8NOE

                    Let me know, but I'd said I didn't get to any of this yesterday, so
                    nothing really done other than I put my call in and Compiled it,
                    brought it up, it didn't run the TNC so I stopped and had work to get
                    done..