Re: [BPQ32] bpq falls asleap

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2009
      Look for BPQ32 version "i"...... this will probably fix the problem for
      you. I had a very similar problem running version "h" in my Win98se, but
      version "i" fixed it.

      73, K.O. N0KFQ

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2009
        I am running version "i" on Win98se. It runs GREAT! No problems that I
        am aware of.

        73, K.O. N0KFQ

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2009
          Hi John.

          Yes its the I version.
          I have tested it for a couple of days.
          Maybe i have wrong  params as i see that other people have no problems.

          this is my port cfg:

          Its a internal kiss link to the bpq409d dos node.

          PORT
           PORTNUM=2  ; Optional but sets port number if stated
           ID=BPQ Link ; Displayed by PORTS command
           TYPE=ASYNC  ; Port is RS232 Com
           PROTOCOL=KISS  ; TNC is used in KISS mode
          ; The KISSOPTIONS statement should not be included for KISS or JKISS tnc's.
          ; For this configuration the BPQKISS eprom, patched for no polling, is
          ; installed in a MFJ1270C. See ..\RelatedFiles\KissRoms\KissRoms.zip.
          ; KISSOPTIONS=CHECKSUM,ACKMODE ; Using BPQKISS eprom w/o polling
           FULLDUP=0  ; Only meaningful for KISS devices
           IOADDR=2  ; 1 = SERIAL PORT COM1 ETC.
           SPEED=19200  ; RS232 COM PORT SPEED
           CHANNEL=A  ; A for single channel TNC, A or B for multichannel
           PERSIST=64  ; PERSIST=256/(# of transmitters-1)
           SLOTTIME=100  ; CMSA interval timer in milliseconds
           TXDELAY=300  ; Transmit keyup delay in milliseconds
           TXTAIL=30  ; TX key down, in milliseconds, at packet end
           QUALITY=255  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
          ;   ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
          ;   ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
           MINQUAL=168  ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
          ;   ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
          ;   ; of 0 sends everything.
           MAXFRAME=7  ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
           FRACK=5000  ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
           RESPTIME=1000  ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
           RETRIES=5  ; Level 2 maximum retry value
           PACLEN=236  ; Default max packet length for this port
           UNPROTO=ID  ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
           BCALL=CB9SNK  ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to APPL1CALL
           L3ONLY=0  ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
           DIGIFLAG=1  ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
           DIGIPORT=2  ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
           USERS=0  ; Maximum number of  sessions, 0 = no limit
          ENDPORT
          73's Danny
        • Tony Hunt
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2009
            Running BPQ32 410 i here under Win 98SE with AGW2BPQ .. It runs fine here.

            Maybee a bit of diagnosis is required and some information on your config
            and port types in use will narrow things down. Even what type of TNCs etc.

            Tony Hunt VK5AH