RE: [BPQ32] Is BPQ32_410i_2009Feb07 working for everyone?

  • Richard Arrowood
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
      I've installed the new software on both of my nodes and everything took off without a hitch.
      Thanks to everyone especially John for all of the time and effort spent on this project.
      73 from Richard, KD4GCA

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

        > The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb04 was a bit
        unusual. Some users didn't experience the problem, others did. In
        testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call
        it worked just fine. After the problem was reported I soon found that
        if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up
        as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF
        terminators.

        > Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by
        running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older
        installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec25.exe would put you
        back on the air. I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'. I
        can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a
        year ago. Prior to then all bets are off!

        > Ron, N5IN

        Installed with no problems. Running with the G8BPQ modified version
        of WinFBB 7.01.35a

        But I notice that in the BPQ32Console Window where the line says
        "Initialising Port 1 ...." It used to says "ASYNC" I think, but now it
        is blank. This is on two Radio Ports that I am running using KISS
        mode TNCs (PK232).

        The Ports appear to be working OK.
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi Mike, well spotted!

          Yes, the suspect KISS code in 4.10h added the ASYNC label, but this was reverted when I went back to the old kiss code. Once I work out what was going wring with the new code you'll get the label back again.