Re: [BPQ32] Is BPQ32_410i_2009Feb07 working for everyone?

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
      Working fine here Ron.

      - Mar K2CAN

      Ron Stordahl wrote:

      > The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb04 was a bit
      > unusual. Some users didn't experience the problem, others did. In
      > testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call it
      > worked just fine. After the problem was reported I soon found that if I
      > connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up as the
      > lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF terminators.
      >
      > Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by
      > running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older
      > installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec25.exe would put you
      > back on the air. I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'. I
      > can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a year
      > ago. Prior to then all bets are off!
      >
      > Ron, N5IN
    • Richard Arrowood
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
        I've installed the new software on both of my nodes and everything took off without a hitch.
        Thanks to everyone especially John for all of the time and effort spent on this project.
        73 from Richard, KD4GCA

        The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb0 4 was a bit unusual.  Some users didn't experience the problem, others did.  In testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call it worked just fine.  After the problem was reported I soon found that if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF terminators.

        Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec2 5.exe would put you back on the air.  I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'.  I can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a year ago.  Prior to then all bets are off!

        Ron, N5IN

      • Mike Ligeza
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

          > The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb04 was a bit
          unusual. Some users didn't experience the problem, others did. In
          testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call
          it worked just fine. After the problem was reported I soon found that
          if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up
          as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF
          terminators.

          > Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by
          running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older
          installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec25.exe would put you
          back on the air. I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'. I
          can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a
          year ago. Prior to then all bets are off!

          > Ron, N5IN

          Installed with no problems. Running with the G8BPQ modified version
          of WinFBB 7.01.35a

          But I notice that in the BPQ32Console Window where the line says
          "Initialising Port 1 ...." It used to says "ASYNC" I think, but now it
          is blank. This is on two Radio Ports that I am running using KISS
          mode TNCs (PK232).

          The Ports appear to be working OK.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
            Message
            Hi Mike, well spotted!

            Yes, the suspect KISS code in 4.10h added the ASYNC label, but this was reverted when I went back to the old kiss code. Once I work out what was going wring with the new code you'll get the label back again.