Is BPQ32_410i_2009Feb07 working for everyone?

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
      The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb04 was a bit unusual.  Some users didn't experience the problem, others did.  In testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call it worked just fine.  After the problem was reported I soon found that if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF terminators.

      Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec25.exe would put you back on the air.  I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'.  I can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a year ago.  Prior to then all bets are off!

      Ron, N5IN

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009

        Working Fine here Ron

        Mike Melnik N9PMO

        The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb0 4 was a bit unusual.  Some users didn't experience the problem, others did.  In testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call it worked just fine.  After the problem was reported I soon found that if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF terminators.

        Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec2 5.exe would put you back on the air.  I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'.  I can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a year ago.  Prior to then all bets are off!

        Ron, N5IN

      • Mark Harloff
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
          Working fine here Ron.

          - Mar K2CAN

          Ron Stordahl wrote:

          > The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb04 was a bit
          > unusual. Some users didn't experience the problem, others did. In
          > testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call it
          > worked just fine. After the problem was reported I soon found that if I
          > connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up as the
          > lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF terminators.
          >
          > Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by
          > running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older
          > installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec25.exe would put you
          > back on the air. I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'. I
          > can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a year
          > ago. Prior to then all bets are off!
          >
          > Ron, N5IN
        • Richard Arrowood
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
            I've installed the new software on both of my nodes and everything took off without a hitch.
            Thanks to everyone especially John for all of the time and effort spent on this project.
            73 from Richard, KD4GCA

            The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb0 4 was a bit unusual.  Some users didn't experience the problem, others did.  In testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call it worked just fine.  After the problem was reported I soon found that if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF terminators.

            Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec2 5.exe would put you back on the air.  I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'.  I can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a year ago.  Prior to then all bets are off!

            Ron, N5IN

          • Mike Ligeza
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Ron Stordahl <ron_n5in@...> wrote:

              > The KISS problem in the release of BPQ32_410h_2009Feb04 was a bit
              unusual. Some users didn't experience the problem, others did. In
              testing when I connected by radio to the AR-Cluster application call
              it worked just fine. After the problem was reported I soon found that
              if I connected to the node and typed a 'N' the columns didn't line up
              as the lines were wrapped, as if they were missing their CR-LF
              terminators.

              > Fortunately the installer is designed to allow you to go forward (by
              running the current installer) or to go back (by running an older
              installer) so quickly running BPQ32_410g_2008Dec25.exe would put you
              back on the air. I should mention that you cannot go 'way back'. I
              can't recall when I changed the installer to allow this...perhaps a
              year ago. Prior to then all bets are off!

              > Ron, N5IN

              Installed with no problems. Running with the G8BPQ modified version
              of WinFBB 7.01.35a

              But I notice that in the BPQ32Console Window where the line says
              "Initialising Port 1 ...." It used to says "ASYNC" I think, but now it
              is blank. This is on two Radio Ports that I am running using KISS
              mode TNCs (PK232).

              The Ports appear to be working OK.
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
                Hi Mike, well spotted!

                Yes, the suspect KISS code in 4.10h added the ASYNC label, but this was reverted when I went back to the old kiss code. Once I work out what was going wring with the new code you'll get the label back again.