RE: [BPQ32] BPQ stand alone eprom?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
      Jeff,

      TheNet provides the same core ax.25 switching as BPQ - both are NETROM compatilble systems.

      As mentioned by others, there is a version of the DOS (16bit) BPQCODE for the Kantronics Data Engine. This will drive the two internal modems, which were available for 1200/9600/19200, and also one or more NETROM/TheNet TNCs connected to the DE serial port, so multiport nodes can but built. The only snag is the DE no longer made.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
        There is Thenet-X1J for TNC2 clones.

        Mark - PY3SS

        On 8 Feb 2009 at 9:04, John Wiseman wrote:

        > Jeff,
        >
        > TheNet provides the same core ax.25 switching as BPQ - both are NETROM compatilble
        > systems.
        >
        > As mentioned by others, there is a version of the DOS (16bit) BPQCODE for the Kantronics Data
        > Engine. This will drive the two internal modems, which were available for 1200/9600/19200, and
        > also one or moreNETROM/TheNet TNCs connected to the DE serial port, so multiportnodes can
        > but built. The only snag is the DE no longer made.

      • Mark Harloff
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
          I have the all the latest X1J4 files including
          the prom image binary.
          If anyone needs a copy, please contact me off
          the group.
          k2can (at) frontiernet.net

          - Mark K2CAN